Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009

Mylan posted:

Yeah, enjoyed that game years ago. Is Transcendence still in development? I checked out the web site and the download linked version appears to be way out of date with the latest version they mention in the forum.

Yes, went open source and are currently shifting through indev releases on the forum until a meaty one is arrived upon for the main page.

However, a new wrinkle emerges!

Corporate Command

http://neurohack.com/kronosaur/CorporateCommandIntro.html

quote:

In about two months, if all goes according to plan, I will release Corporate Command, the first paid expansion for Transcendence. This new expansion focuses on the Corporate Hierarchy and includes dozens of new features:

Three new player ship classes, including Makayev's famous Manticore class
New missions for the Corporate Hierarchy, including a few with Kate Morgental
Several new star systems and three new enemy sovereigns
And of course, lots of new armor, weapons, and treasures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Slim to none come to mind given how rare most Roguelikes even having that kind of apparatus in terms of towns and such outside of maybe something like Elona(+).

That said, just in case, you did play the sequel right? Kamyran's Eye 2 was better than the original in every way IIRC---really wish they'd revive the series with a seriously updated third entrant.

http://keye2.phk.at/

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
It is tradition at this point for 7DRL blog to be compromised shortly after the end of the event until shortly before the start of the next---I don't know why this is the case with whomever, but here we are.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Good News Everyone---Prospector seems to have risen from the dead as a multi-person effort as opposed to just pretty well the one awesome guy!

http://prospector.freeforums.org/prospector-r132-t372.html

A couple new builds in the past little while, newest at the bottom via Magellan getting back into his own game at last. Bay12 artist guy Deon (IIRC) is also then seemingly interested in getting the tileset for it rolling again what with it being alive and all.

This was always one of the best games, easily so in the spacey-doings sphere, and I'd previously just hoped in silence that it would come back even slightly for ARRP 2013 in late September---now I can dream big!

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
The failure of CultRL to become a thing was last a thing some months ago when this happened the first time. After he finally started communicating again at the tail end of that event, he was to buckle down and speak up to the backer community and whatnot for help. That...didn't happen and now there's a poll on the game's forum, which he also has suspiciously not commented on at all given it was his own poll, as to what direction to take it all from here, if any.

It is one thing to fail at an overscoped magnum opus of a project, but when skin has been put into the game and all else is a factor, I don't understand how anybody can elect to just go dark on internet communication and otherwise for months at a time---it takes less than a minute to even so much as throw down a forum post, tweet, etc out of basic courtesy.

In better news of yet more things seeing releases again after ages alongside Prospector: Random Realms, crazy as ever and probably the most elaborate of the RLs out there made with DarkBasic, had a new release: (top most link in OP) http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=178942&b=5 009c

I can't really find a changelog beyond the older one there, but the dev generally always tried to improve a bit of everything with each release back in the day so I reckon that trend continues.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
The CultRL dev CAN salvage the situation, at least somewhat---there's no need for sinister rituals, conjuring up somebody that is magically delicious in the Go programming language like Manse Macabre, or fanciness, or even wearing pants to just communicate on his own blasted forum and level with people to do whatever combination of pursuits actually livens things up and gets progress made on what fronts they can scrappily wrangle. I can virtually guarantee he's fortunate enough to have some folks already as backers that would have the skill, time, and personal impetus to help bang things along even on areas where he's stuck perpetually turning the corner only to fall down flights of stairs. He needs quite a wake-up call though, and reconnect with folks, or else it will indeed all go up in a great acrid cloud of smoke.

Stellar solidarity offer there for the RL Goon enclave Dungeonmans dev, were you made of ample free time and not psychically throttling the dude in your heart of hearts at the moment I'd say perhaps it would do well to contact the dude (or frankly, any Roguelike KS dev folks) and try to talk some sense as fellow travelers of a sort generally interested in not poisoning communal wells. Well...even that would take him actually answering to any contact attempts. Tarn Adams isn't exactly a build releasing machine either so much as an interactive animatronic one that may only land an actual build once or so a year but is proper regular on the dev blogging, community chatting, and general appreciative hijinks---so putting him on a pedestal as some Olympian ideal that mere mortals will toil against emulating Sisyphus-style makes no sense.

I just don't understand how it all went off the rails so badly at this junction---clearly the guy is not lacking in imagination so how could there possibly be this level of bad afoot when even a cursory glance at the situation from a mirror along narrative thinking would make it abundantly clear that he'd not enjoy such were the shoe on the other foot? I'm glad I didn't back it at the time, but would've been gladder still had it all worked out for everybody as the original ambition, and "making it happen", was/is pretty wonderful stuff that could well have springboarded into all kinds of nifty things to come.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
http://empyrea.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2126&start=50#p3452 Well a month or so later after he vanished into the ether again, that about wraps it for CultRL/Empyrea outside of a Cataclysm-like fan continuation or some such from the looks of it. Even with all the details he went into, it still just doesn't add up on so many levels to me beyond just some burnout exaggerated to a suspect degree. Especially given the billing about this being a project for many years to come and whatnot---what a waste. Maybe the guy can at least manage the refunds in full though, maybe.

quote:

Hey all. I am sorry for the late reply.

I have read over the thread and also have considered the various e-mails I received.

Mostly I have just needed some time trying to think of how to deal with this problem. As you can all probably imagine, I'm not in a very good situation right now and my options are pretty limited. I am not especially interested in the idea of continuing with the project - not with as much misery as it has ended up causing (although this is my fault and nobody else's - it's true that I was simply too naive about my ability to finish something so grand in scale), but I'm also not at all willing to drop things or leave a big debt unpaid. Hemmingjay's offer of a 'reduced' refund is very generous, but I would really honestly prefer to be able to pay back in full what I owe.

As some of you have noted, the Kickstarter didn't end up paying out a great deal to me. I can pull out my tax paperwork, but I believe what ended up coming to me after taxes, fees, and payments to contractors was approximately $14,500. That was enough to allow me to develop for a year or so on an extremely minimal living. That, however, is not the fault of the backers and I would rather try to establish a fairer way of offering refunds (i.e., I would prefer to just refund the entire amount).

Right now I am working full-time as a live-in caregiver. I took this position precisely because the Kickstarter did not provide enough for me to develop long-term, and I wanted to be able to continue to develop. Thankfully the position itself has been a great blessing. Work on the project, OTOH... we all see where that has gone. Again, it's entirely my fault.

I am also working on writing a novel (currently at 45,000 words). Between saving money and writing, I'm hoping to be able to offer refunds as soon as possible. I will write up a similar post for Kickstarter since I have neglected that while I've been trying to decide on a course of action. No matter how I think of it, though, the idea of picking the project back up again seems absurd at this point.

I am open to making the code open-source, or sharing it with an interested developer. Either one is fine with me.

I am sorry for the hassle, and I do intend to set things straight.
David

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Delver has lots of potential as an Ultima Underworld'ish thing far moreso than something in a Minecraft stripe---but it definitely still needs tons of content, polish, and updates in general. I hope getting on Steam serves as a real shot in the arm for it, particularly as an impetus to get the UI, controls, and presentation souped up quick, fast and in a hurry else the audience won't stick around to dig into the rest for long.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
What I don't understand about the CultRL situation's latest...well..situation...is that how in the world could he have found himself deep in that sort of mire considering he was/is a rather avid Dwarf Fortress enthusiast and had to have been aware of the coding woes that such a decision would open himself up for given all the trouble it causes Toady and that he has all this crazy Python and library communicating to try and herd like proverbial rabid cats? Especially since the plan, as I vaguely recall it, had always been for a deep'ish level of community involvement in modding and other such endeavors?

I'm still an abject failure at learning to program, but the second I saw that my jaw dropped from the sheer mass of what I'd imagine that'd be like contending with. Yet again, all this, and nary a word to the entire time to the community just to be chatty and maybe a stray second opinion or so?

It is like he set about to build a mammoth Jenga tower, with lubed up pieces, then fell into lament when it collapsed at the slightest breath.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Rings of Valor is rather nifty, if a bit oddly frenetic with all the hopeful team arena management and whatnot. Dev on it is essentially done, as he's currently after some manner of Mass Effect Roguelike project.

http://dowhilecompiling.blogspot.com/p/rings-of-valor.html

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Looks to be working now, guess the DropBox just needed poking with a stick or some such.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009

deepshock posted:

I was wondering when an XCom type roguelike would show up.

http://xcomrl.blogspot.com/p/files.html

Though it is on the dev backburner for a bit outside of some ongoing mods and total conversions as the dev is looking to go commercial with a massive ovehaul and expansion of a 7DRL he did awhile back to serve to bolster X@COM's engine and experimental bits---Cogmind.

http://www.gridsagegames.com/blog/

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I have high hope for Jupiter Hell given all their prior works, and also that as far as I know, all the old projects are still getting worked on in the background even as this becomes a thing---though no doubt with a hearty helping hand from Kornel's forum helpers.

Pretty sure the teaser is actually meant as more of a reflective tech demo of sorts, as apparently the overall graphical and sound level is aiming far above the volunteer amateur realm and squarely at relatively lofty, though thankfully not insane, commercial heights.

I guess it all comes down to the when and what on that Kickstarter though and whether they can get that momentum towards whatever goal and not have some other mega projects happen to pop up and absorb the pre-black friday/holiday cash.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
DiabloRL is still very much a work in progress, as in Diablo and Hell are not quite there yet, but I reckon it is a good chunky release or so away from being "there", in a quality fashion if the update from earlier this summer is any indication.

The "when" aspect though, well, yeah. I guess another wrinkle to the above is what sort of action, if any, will Kornel's Bounty Board see alongside the Jupiter Hell Kickstarter campaign...

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Nah, if there is justice in this world, BerserkRL will be the next Chaosforge project to see an update---especially since I'm fairly sure an art overhaul apparently happened awhile back and it has been left the longest now that DiabloRL finally saw a release. Then again, I was once sure he'd time the release of it to one of the newly animated Berserk movie premiers, so yeah.

I'm drat curious as to what tech and such has been either cooked up or chosen, or both, for Jupiter Hell. All the other Chaosforge projects were an interesting amalgam of things (FreePascal Valkyrie and whatever in the hell is actually happening with Neko...) that really nobody else ever tried to use outside of the group, which is kind of odd considering they are rather battle-proven at this point especially compared to the rough fate of projects that have wound up derailed in Libtcod country and whatnot.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
The writing has been on the wall for months about the ADOM Lite RPG not at all being the best of ideas(the last thing he nearly had momentum for was creating a P&P dealie on his alternate blog before ADOM II and the campaign suddenly got traction) given all else on his plate, but at least this is where all his team members can shine in their respective areas given that, as far as I know, the lot of them don't also happen to be dealing with tough times on various fronts. So, I guess, the next time Biskup has a chance to generally package together and merge all of their work it should be a good step forward on those fronts.

That second reason though---that's the bane of anybody doing anything that has a soul in their bones. :( That sort of thing seems to strike especially hard at the classical Roguelike scene though, as the creations are very much intertwined with the Creator as opposed to a generally faceless company or loose-knit group with generally interchangeable roles. One of the most uncomfortable demographic trends in the gaming industry at large though that we'll be seeing more and more of as these next few years roll on by given how absolutely young the lot of it is...

Otherwise, there have been those new races and classes---so the original poster's image isn't quite as bleak as just misc fixes. Biskup's near total lack of communication though in the last while, circumstances withstanding, that's got to be declared loudly from the mountaintops to be A Bad Idea for all future crowdfunding folks.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
P.R.I.M.E http://pesky-reticulans.org/

It may only update every so often, but drat if they are not getting someplace nifty amidst poking around in Sci-Fi tropes Nethack-style.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Sil exposure flares up at least briefly with each major release---been awhile since the last one but there's also been a major one cooking so the pendulum should swing the other way hopefully at some near point.

It would be a dream world for us all if both Sil and Frozen Depths(Come on End of 2014~) could get some serious momentum/visibility to foster at least a tad faster dev pace as each is very much part of the "Once every great while" club.

ExiledTinkerer fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Nov 8, 2013

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Better is hard to quantify, but it certainly adds a lot more of everything and makes it harder via closing exploits and whatnot.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
There can't be talk about shooty Roguelike overhead goodness without a reminder of Shoot First! seeing as how it was one of the early folks jamming that jam alongside Meritous:

http://teknopants.com/2011/05/shoot-first/

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Wazhack is back with a big new update despite the dev dude breaking his arm apparently:

http://blog.wazhack.com/

Lots of new classes, talent system fixed up, untold misc things---lots of folks going to be dying horribly on the Web edition this weekend methinks.

I'm stoked to see it have such a nice release, the first in a long time, after getting Greenlit, though it'll be some months yet before he can get things situated on Steam all things considered with the holidays and his arm.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009

Zombie Samurai posted:

An ASCII mode for Dredmor would be both hilarious and practical.

This is the closest yet(yet still not really there), though I don't know exactly what all is afoot in the Steam Workshop community for the game anymore to good or interesting aims---I know this hasn't been updated in awhile but still.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=112213725 ASCII Invasion

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Nethack pining/hand wringing eh? As always, there is the short list folks should keep in mind/look into:

PRIME: http://pesky-reticulans.org/ Ongoing successor to ZAPM---which is essentially a Sci-Fi Nethack hopeful with a lot of moxy. Dev pace is lively'ish and going places.

Diggr: http://code.google.com/p/diggr-roguelike/ Love letter-homage project unto Nethack with quirks aplenty...rather developed but sleeping due to...

Incavead(Infinite Cave Adventure): http://dungeon.name/ The sequel to Diggr and goes off even more into the woods that is a thing unto itself, but the eye remains on the Nethack prize. Online wranglings interposed with single player downloadable doings.

Otherwise, eh, as far as just "more, better, faster, stronger, the same still"---latest is Dynahack: http://tung.github.io/DynaHack/ which hasn't seen an update since October but yeah.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Considering that Tome just recently made it onto Steam, it is even less of a wonder that DG and folks hope for it to also do well this year as yet another feather on the cap to draw some well-earned attention to the game.

I'd like to see the poll mutate into more of an interactive pantheon of sorts---previous winners collaborating with the pollster/in general in a sinister cabal to shine an extra hopeful light on projects in the mass that they think would make fine company/respect their hustling about. Ideally, the poll can be another prong of the attack to build momentum in the entire Roguelike shake of it alongside a lark same as the 7DRL compos and the ARRP.

If people like to think that DG's voting drive is extra dark magic, well, turn that around to a "DG's Choice" or "Toady's Choice" made about as public through it and that should indeed help to drive some folks into new and promising projects.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
The only way to go above and beyond on the Graphical Roguelike front if you absolutely must on a PC would be firing up an emu from the PS2 and up generations and busting out a 3D Mystery Dungeon game like the Shiren on Wii or Druaga on the PS2.

Thus far, there have been no commercial or freeware attempts on that stylistic level native to the PC---but as with most things, I want to think advancements will be had on that front same as all others.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I think it started as a general veiled threat about the efficacy of the poll since Noxico was the first of two "Wait...what?" projects of this sort in the year(The other was Seduction Quest, which in some respects had an even more outlandish thing goings on) versus all the ToME hand-wringing with only a few hopefuls otherwise for ADOM Resurrected and CataclysmDDA---but then one or more people actually decided to run with it to smash the poll and play kingmaker.

It'll be interesting to see how/if Roguelike Radio winds up tackling this hilariously terrible development!

I think the perfect closer to this thing would be to retroactively change the rules and award the top 3-5 Olympic-style.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

That would be such a cop-out if they do that. I mean, Noxico won fair and square and is our chosen Roguelike of the Year and all that, you know?

That perfect would perhaps have read better as "perfect" since ultimately this whole thing is something of an amusing trainwreck to behold this time around even moreso than last time that was laced with cringingly white-hot acrimony instead.

Let me dream of an awards ceremony procession that will never be~

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Yeah, proper visuals of some unknown sort for Sil are the aim for the next big update, this is just some leftover cruft almost certainly.

I don't know if they've said anything on the subject, but alongside graphics and UI enhancing, I really hope they can manage some sound for the game---it is begging for a good ambient score and/or hauntingly melodious vocalizing for the songs and such.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Actually, Teleglitch just got a nice little patch to improve the randomness and whatnot it would seem on top of more general things---dunno if they timed it for this bundle or just a coincidence as per their Facebook:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?750883-Patch-9.0-Live!&s=c6cc8a2f5ce8a9dec28f23f7db05a2bc

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Well...I guess Step One is getting the youth savvy to a completely wrong definition to trigger their inexorable destiny to yell at others about it on message boards and get challenged on it towards a better tomorrow.

Step Zero, on the other hand, might be somebody busting out a highly polished Roguelike actually based on that to the literal extreme to cash in on that ephemeral mindshare!

"BouncePitRL(or whatever the hell those inflatable jump around dealies are called at fairs)---Rocket Launchers, Eldritch Horrors, Flaming Swords of Magic Missiles, Lou Rawls: Can you survive?!"

ExiledTinkerer fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Feb 3, 2014

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
SAngband is better thought of as being an ancient forerunner to Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup's skill system---especially the Crawl of lately.

It is a drat shame that variant is falling further into the shadows as it was so jam-packed and had a mind-boggling number of possibilities for builds and whatnot---a modern crack at it that cuts down on the damnable "1% granularity" effect that would be ace. Otherwise, skill systems kind of went out of phase outside of ADOM, Portralis, and everything attached to ToME 2(balance is crazy and hard, and those are all varying degrees of hilariously broken in various ways...though ADOM of late is obviously addressing things)---Dredmor's was the first in a good while to get any sort of traction outside of good old Dungeonmans, even if suspiciously less in emulation. Honestly, I always reckoned it was a matter of time until ToME 4 Addon folks started fashioning ports of them as that's the most ready-made container for the further plying the lot of it.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Tower of Guns seems like the sort that will perhaps really grow and fill things out depending on how it goes now that it is out in full on Steam, GoG, and so on---the whole bullet-hell'ish aspect should allow ample room for all sorts of crazy doings.

Beyond it, Fancy Skulls goes a bit of a different direction and the dev has recently elected to try and kick things into a higher gear in terms of release pace and is shooting for roughly weekly updates knocking out a smattering of things:

http://fancyskulls.com/

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Pray to spaghetti code enmeshed with giant spider webs and enrobed in mysterious secret sauces:

http://www.incursion-roguelike.net/

quote:

I've been approached by someone in e-mail about fixing the bugs in Incursion, and I've put a lot of thought into things recently. I have been working on a tabletop RPG of my own recently, that has nothing to do with Incursion. I'm realizing at this point that I've left it for a negligently long time, so I'm going to open-source the last stable version. (The actual current version, with 1.5+ years extra development, is still in its infancy and not a functional game. Because it has a lot of new RPG-design ideas I'm using elsewhere, I'm keeping it for now. I may try to sort out the source-code portion and give it to the community if people want; honestly I don't think it is very useful.)

This is not an effort to undercut the "Veins of the Earth" clone-project being discussed here -- it looks really interesting, and under the hood the source is probably more stable than Incursion. So, to Zireael and his or her fellow contributers, you have my blessing to take whatever you want from Incursion's design, aesthetic and/or code in your own project. Some people just want to try to do a truly stable (original) Incursion, so that is why I'm releasing it -- I discussed this in e-mail before coming back to the group and seeing your clone-project, and I apologize for the timing.

I will be releasing the source code under the Creative Commons Attribution license, with a polite and non-legally-binding request not to use copyleft or anti-commercial licences for derivative works composed primarily of Incursion unless licensing conflicts make your project unworkable otherwise.

I hope to get the source code up this weekend. That may not happen, depending on how busy I get. I have to get it to compile (into 0.6.9I) again on my own computer first, to make sure I'm even releasing the right version.

There are complications, however. The Incursion compile process is very complicated with a lot of moving parts. There's a custom scripting language involved using an old compiler-generator tool which I hacked to change it's output slightly. There's also a third-party graphics library, and a plugin for a specific version of Visual Studio, and other stuff. It's really tangled because I never expected anyone but me to work with it. I don't have the tools to compile it on my current computer. I may have to get a different computer out of cold storage to get you all the parts you'll need to make it work, and there will be some extensive instructions in terms of settings and such just to get it to compile. You will need to use Visual Studio 2008 if you want to work with this sources as they are -- it may get more platform-independent in the hands of later developers.

Fair warning: Released Incursion's sources are very, very tangled. There's a reason I eventually gave up and moved to a partial rewrite. I'm not sure what others will be able to do that I wasn't about crash-bugs, but some other things can probably be fixed.

I will not be renewing the web hosting for Incursion when it comes up, but I am happy to transfer the website and domain name to anyone interested in maintaining it in the next few months. I will be deleting the private "Incursion-L" mailing list in the next few months as well.

I want to thank everyone who took an interest in Incursion over the years, and apologize for never finishing the revised version. Up until a few weeks ago, I really thought I was always going to get back to it... someday. Now, I have one -- possibly more -- programmers interested in fixing the bugs, I realize I'm done with it and it would be selfish to keep it to myself any longer. So I'm doing this. I hope this works out well for the tiny community that's stayed interested so long.

Getting the source releasable is actually fairly complicated, because there's so many strange hacks. I may get it out this weekend, two weeks from now or four weeks from now, but it is at least coming soon.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Incursion source files are already starting to get cobbled together and come out---only a matter of time and some beating at things with a wrench until it gets situated on Github with detailed instructions and whatnot unless something goes especially wrong:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/incursion/VqMTcEMYC2Y

It would be quite something if this can indeed liven up again---there used to be quite a Megathread or so for Incusion here on SA, long since archived, that were loaded with good ideas and stories from the heyday of it all.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I've never even heard of this Accent thing before, but Allegro at least isn't too deep off in the weeds and has far newer versions and a community and whatnot so at least there's probably a knowledge bank out there to untangle things on that front.

Remember folks: This is just the "classic" Incursion stuff so far---we've not seen but the outlines from before on the kinds of eldritch stuff(Created a new programming language just for the game, for instance) he's cobbled together for the pre-Alpha "new" Incursion. If he ends up getting all of that out there, "questionable usefulness" as he ponders aloud aside, the sum of the lot of it from an aerial view should be quite a sight.

Hell, part of me kind of hopes Toady stumbles across this happening and wonders what would flash though his mind should he dig deeply for a bit? Or perhaps Whales or the DDA folks just kind of backing away slowly while breaking out in a cold sweat.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
That one guy now has the Github page for the fate of Incursion mostly situated, so now we see what gets situated---though apparently there's some trouble bits where doing some stuff in character creation can cause woes. Windows only building at this junction:

https://github.com/rmtew/incursion-roguelike

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Rogue's Tale is definitely a meaty game primed to get meatier still now that it has landed on Steam and will hopefully get some serious traction---very "classical" in the Roguelike machinations while still shooting for a good deal of flavor.

Looks like it is still a little ways off until the next substantial update, but the game is already at a fairly mature state considering how long it has been in development prior to getting Greenlit.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
New Incursion is Getting Places:

https://bitbucket.org/rmtew/incursion-roguelike

4th release in this past little while, with tentative support for non-US keyboards, and ability to switch screen resolution/fullscreen/windowed at runtime being big among the latest alongside the giant bug where when items change their type, perhaps from a rod to a staff, they get multiplied in quantity---problems due to libtcod are getting fixed and merged back into libtcod as well since Jice is apparently really on the ball for this and for other prospective projects to avail themselves of.

Dev is currently unsure as to how to handle the implementation of the Knock spell in terms of Julian's original stated notions versus what most would expect from D&D in general and other cRPGs---hoping the Big-Time classic players will emerge and load him up with all the feedback that they can as it looks like some are starting to flicker onto the Bay12 topic for it in the Other Games board.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
New ADOM finally this morning for backer/pre-order folk that adds full-on new content in the form of the Ice Tower and a heap of other changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I've heard of the need to build a community early for best results for a Kickstarter in the here and now, but I've yet to see the why and how as to WHY Jupiter Hell got announced so incredibly early with slim to nothing to show for it since then to my knowledge? A hype train probably at least needs to chug along as opposed to just sit there in the station for best effect...