Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Can't wait for the next Dwarf Fortress update, it's literally Skyrim of Roguelikes (I only play it for the adventure mode).

It is the best. I remember my first super powerful character (back when you could wrestle undead indefinitely to become superdwarvenly strong). Running through an elven village, getting filled with arrows while gouging everyones eyes out. Or desperately throwing a rock through a GCS's brain after it's bitten off your sword hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

TOOT BOOT posted:

Ultima Ratio Regum is really shaping up to be something interesting when it starts to look more like a game in about a year.

It's turned into Dwarf Fortress for me. I read all the dev updates, but never actually download and play it anymore.