Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

hito posted:

What's the consensus on Don't Starve? Does that count as a roguelike?

It's a roguelikelike, or whatever you want to call games like that. It's awesome! Most roguelikelikes are, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Pro IVAN strats involve running over glass shards until your legs fall off so you can pray for better ones. Straightforward it ain't. Funnily enough, the basic ending isn't impossible to get or anything, but you more or less have to entirely game the system.

I'm still bitter about the one time I got awesome limbs and then Ischaldirh showed up on level 2 of the dungeon.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Protagorean posted:

I'm having a hard time with Roguelikes, guys. :saddowns:

Try Crawl, it's tough but fair and based on your criticisms of the other games it might be right up your alley.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Pladdicus posted:

Sil is awesome, I just found a shortbow that fires glowing arrows and have a badass battleaxe that deals extra damage to trolls. It feels so First Age.

I really like Sil, I just wish the interface felt like it was designed this century. The inventory management is worse than Nethack's, which is quite a feat.