Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Salty music was at its best when it was like 90% Special Herbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Anonymous Robot posted:

Salty music was at its best when it was like 90% Special Herbs.

The Special Herbs collections are really good, yeah.

This is the block that we sent along. Supposedly someone's heard at least one of the songs turn up in the current rotation, but I have yet to, sadly. We tried to balance it so that it was of the same sort of stuff that was already getting played, just more and better.

code:
14? - Illumination
a-ha - Take On Me
Alan de Laniere - How To Calm Down After A Fight
Armored Core OST - Shape Memory Alloys
Birdy Nam Nam - The Parachute Ending
Breakwater - Release the Beast
DJ Okawari - Flower Dance
Electric Light Orchestra - Hold On Tight
Electric Light Orchestra - Yours Truly, 2095
Freddie Joachim - Waves
Gary Wilson - Soul Travel
Hipnosis - Droid
M.O.O.N. - Hydrogen (Hotline Miami)
Journey - Only the Young
Journey - Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)
Kavinsky - Odd Look (f. The Weeknd)
London Boys - Love Train
Makoto Iida - Outrun 2 - Splash Wave (Arrange)
Michael Jackson - Remember the Time (Corridor of Time remix)
Mr. Gimmick OST - Strange Memories of Death
Nicolay - Wake Up in Another Life (f. Carlitta Durand)
Philip Bailey & Phil Collins - Easy Lover
Powerglove - Blood Dragon Theme (Far Cry Blood Dragon)
Samiyam - Rounded
Space Harrier - Main BGM
Super Hang-On - Outride a Crisis (Arrange)
The Beastie Boys - Off the Grid
The Devin Townsend Project - Supercrush!
Thundercat - For Love (I Come)
Thundercat - Oh Sheit It's X
Triumph - Carry On the Flame
VNV Nation - Space & Time

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I've definitely heard both Journey songs and the VNV Nation song played on the stream.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The Blood Dragon soundtrack is perfect for Salty :allears:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Angry Walrus posted:

I've definitely heard both Journey songs and the VNV Nation song played on the stream.

Oh, wow, rad.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Salty has Run The Jewels in his song lineup right now so I won't complain.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So, for someone who stopped using the site a few weeks after it first hit the internet, what's new now? I see this weird team recruitment thing and it looks like you can spend money to improve/nerf fighter HP? And there's tiers now? How does this all work?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Plankton posted:

So, for someone who stopped using the site a few weeks after it first hit the internet, what's new now? I see this weird team recruitment thing and it looks like you can spend money to improve/nerf fighter HP? And there's tiers now? How does this all work?

The first thing you need to know is than those features are only available to Illuminati, IE the people who pays. The compendium is where you can 'adopt' characters and spend a few hundred thousands to boost or nerf a character's health, the best the character is, the expensive is to adopt and buff.

The tier system is a separation between the characters according to their win/lose ratio, only character of the same tier can fight each other and fighters with wins on the single digits (potato tier) have best of three fights. Problem is, the tiers are outdated since the buffs, nerfs and new characters have hit pretty hard the ratios of some fighters.

Dice_
May 29, 2013

Afraid of being hollow?

Join the club, my face is more caved in than your mother.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFwX6eDRW7w

Mother down. drat this upset was kinda obvious... to me I guess. I need to take a break.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

Anyone have links to the mugen characters of:

Chizuruxxx and Ronald McDonald?

The ronalds I can find crash my mugen and googling Chizuruxxx ends up giving me....interesting results.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Satisfaction Guaranteed posted:

The ronalds I can find crash my mugen and googling Chizuruxxx ends up giving me....interesting results.

Don't look that up at work!

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

I can't help you with Ronald, but I do know that Possibility of Chizuru (ChizuruXXX) comes from this guy's SkyDrive, as do a few other incredibly powerful characters.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Are you looking for Dark Donald, or another Ronald?

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Jan 17, 2001

Forum Veteran

A good poster posted:

Are you looking for Dark Donald, or another Ronald?

English Ronald mc Donald, I already have japanese donald and dark donald.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

English Ronald mc Donald, I already have japanese donald and dark donald.

Well, there's an absurd number of Ronald McDonalds listed here, and there's what seems to be the original Japanese Ronald with english voice clips packed with a Dark Donald here. The zip file is twice as big because it contains two characters.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
When did Salty get a new UI?

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy
Just found this thread, and this the best and dumbest thing.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Today the Twitch Stream window goes way wider than usual, going over both the bets and the chat, and any time I try to bet it just reloads and gives me a url with what I bet on without actually putting said bet in. What's going on?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I just wish the mobile app would work again.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Update incoming!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This Guile is a thing of beauty.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

MtGuile, new best character.

These new characters are golden.

Hortism fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Feb 11, 2014

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Mason Dixon posted:

Update incoming!

Does this mean he finally retiered all the old characters, or is that still too much work?

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Prism posted:

Does this mean he finally retiered all the old characters, or is that still too much work?

They're not related, afaik. This update is for a ton new chars/stages/music, and the new chars are going through the initial tiering matches now. That said, I know some current chars have been retiered, like Aeris is now in B and Fubuki is now in A (both moved from S). But Freddy Kruger is still in S, so I dunno exactly how retiering is being handled.

I really think we're gonna need another tier beyond S, a bunch of the newbies seem like they won't beat the god-tier, but will destroy the average S-rank (and that's only from me seeing like twenty or so matches after the update).

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was only able to tune in to one fight post-update but it was a doozy! It was some Hugo edit versus some old Chinese guy, possibly from Samurai Shodown or a similar looking game.

The Hugo immediately started disrespecting, and did his big Super Art move akin to the Final Atomic Buster, and...literally obliterated the opponent. :stare: Just gone. Everyone was so hyped that he got 100k+ to the other guy's 15k or so.

At first, it seemed correct; Hugo was clearly better. Then he did his Super Art and we all realized it was a scam move, but he won the first two rounds handily.

Well? Chinese guy has some big super meter move that took off half of Hugo's health, opened each following round with it, and let Hugo self-scam for runback dreams. :allears:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I don't entirely understand the tier thing they're doing now. Last time I watched saltybet it was just completely random matches with an event every couple of nights.

Now there's "tiers" but the fights are still pretty much entirely one-sided. I'm loving a lot of the new characters though, with few exceptions they're actually viable.

I just wish they'd take all the potatoes out. Sure there's a one-in-a-million chance they'll land a single hit and then glitch out or something, leading to a massive timerscam upset but otherwise you're either watching a really uneven match or a really boring potato match.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Bobnumerotres posted:

I don't entirely understand the tier thing they're doing now. Last time I watched saltybet it was just completely random matches with an event every couple of nights.

Now there's "tiers" but the fights are still pretty much entirely one-sided. I'm loving a lot of the new characters though, with few exceptions they're actually viable.

I just wish they'd take all the potatoes out. Sure there's a one-in-a-million chance they'll land a single hit and then glitch out or something, leading to a massive timerscam upset but otherwise you're either watching a really uneven match or a really boring potato match.

Tiers don't generally run when they're testing new units. Once they're settled out, everybody gets segregated by win rates.

Theoretically. What actually happens is that nobody gets retiered ever so where they start is where they stay.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Prism posted:

Tiers don't generally run when they're testing new units. Once they're settled out, everybody gets segregated by win rates.

Theoretically. What actually happens is that nobody gets retiered ever so where they start is where they stay.

Salty did promise a new tier system, but let's see if he delivers.

Sudoku
Jul 18, 2009
Is there a reason for all this tier stuff instead of making some sort of automated MMR system for fighters?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sudoku posted:

Is there a reason for all this tier stuff instead of making some sort of automated MMR system for fighters?

I'm not familiar with the MMR system but the Tiers are to maintain a balance on the fights and avoid those stomps on the stream, pitting fighters of similar skill instead.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Welp I just won 400,000 salty bucks. A 150:1 upset. That was amazing.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Bobnumerotres posted:

Welp I just won 400,000 salty bucks. A 150:1 upset. That was amazing.

Holy poo poo :stare:

Who were the fighters?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Once the New tier gets cleaned out, apparently there'll be a new tier, G, specifically for the Rare Akumas and Dark Donalds of the world. Interesting move.

Ludicrous Gibs!
Jan 21, 2002

I'm not lost, but I don't know where I am.
Ramrod XTreme
I think it should have been "BS", but a separate tier for the ridiculous characters would be welcome.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Sudoku posted:

The short answer is that Salty is a moron.

The long answer is that Salty is a moron who has refused numerous offers to help him get a system into place that updates more than twice a year.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New tier has a few kinks to work out.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
New update:

• Re-tiering! Characters can climb up and down tiers by winning or losing three fights in a row.
  • X Tier! This is where all the OP characters like Rare Akuma sit. Apparently these fights have a 1% chance of happening, so if you see one, buckle up.
  • "B Tier matches are now FT2!" Whatever that means.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
FTT probably means "First to Two", as in a maximum of 3 rounds.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah, apparently it does, so B tier is faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

The Kins posted:

New update:

• X Tier! This is where all the OP characters like Rare Akuma sit. Apparently these fights have a 1% chance of happening, so if you see one, buckle up.

Salty should kick that up to at least 5%. The crazy bullshit fights are part of the fun.

• Locked thread