Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
Thinking of going to see Furthur in LA next month but I'm having sticker shock on the $60 tickets. I'm a fan of the dead (listen to stuff from the archives, go frequently to local cover/tribute bands) so I feel like its probably worth it, but the price combined with the fact that its assigned seating (used to dancing it up at GA tribute shows) makes me hesitate. Anybody with experience seeing Furthur or with knowledge of the venue have thoughts on what I should expect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
Thanks for the feedback on Furthur, I got tickets and will be seeing them on the last scheduled 2013 date! I'll post my impressions in a couple of weeks.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
Okay, at the encouragement of some of you deadgoons I did end up going to see Furthur at the Greek on the last night of the tour. What a fantastic experience! The crowd was really into it (and full of serious deadheads of all ages) and the parking lot scene was very interesting. Everyone was dancing like their lives depended on it and the number of people who were in enhanced states of consciousness seemed like it would rival a music festival. The music was very satisfying, and to finally be at a dead family event in person was a more sentimental experience than I had expected.

I've listened to the archive tapes a couple of times now, but does anyone know if it's worth picking up the multi-track recording from Furthur's website?

http://archive.org/details/furthur-2013-10-06
I really enjoyed the St. Stephen.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
I'd get on the bus for a reunion.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

BigFactory posted:

Anyone else trying for mail order tickets?

I don't quite understand how this works. You decorate a lucky envelope and stuff in a money order? Can you request for all 3 days?

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
Thanos, breaker of tables and quintessential deadhead. Is that your envelope art or something groovier?

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
Saturday's ticketing is going to be a real 'more butts than seats poo poo show' situation. How robust are ticketmaster's servers?

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
The second release of tickets for Chicago today went just about as well as the first for me. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007
I thought nights 2 and 3 of the Chicago run were pretty fantastic, all things considered.