Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Thanks to this thread I've been getting seriously into the Grateful Dead.

I hate you all, I'm insufferable to drive with because I want to listen to shows on the road, and I just bought a Garcia/Hunter songbook.

Blast Fantasto posted:

I got really frustrated with the difficulty in finding a specific dated show in Spotify, so I made this playlist: http://open.spotify.com/user/1212113832/playlist/7IiR8OB6QHGFav5FjTYYiu

If you open it up in the desktop app, you can just ctrl+f a certain date and listen to that show, provided it has received an official release and is on Spotify. For example, I'm listening to 4/14/72 right now.

The playlist is obviously tailored to my specific tastes, so it's almost all full shows (with a few exceptions) and there's no shows fromt the 80s or 90s. Just 68 - 79. Now that I look at it, this is pretty much every Dead show on Spotify in that range, so listen away and get groovy.

If anyone knows any particularly good shows from after the 70s, let me know and I'll add them.
The first show in that playlist was played at a venue not ten minutes from my home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Here's a nice long interview about the Dead with basketball great and Deadhead Bill Walton