Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Tonight I discovered 9-20-90, Madison Square Garden.

God loving drat. CCS>Rider is the best I have heard them play, ever.

https://archive.org/details/gd90-09-20.sbd.ashley.14855.sbeok.shnf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

Fly McCool posted:

So I watched You Can't Take it With You and, apart from the anecdotes about Bob Weir's hand in the spreading of the ashes being bizarre and hilarious, I cannot think of a pettier, less appropriate retrospective of such a legendary man

It's somehow a source of comfort to think that even under the duress of the road (or perhaps because of?) Jerry remained optimistic enough to have any faith in that horrible oval office of a woman and the Grateful Dead camp somehow honor the terms of his will, though.

Could you elaborate? I haven't yet seen that...

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I am a recent fan of the Dead, 41 years old and only been listening for the last year, but I can easily recommend 3-29-89 Nassau Coliseum (Branford Marsalis sits in for the entire second set, with a truly wonderful Eyes of the World, and Dark Star-Drums-Space-Dark Star is really something else with a Jazz saxophonist channeling his inner Coltrane), and 9-20-1990 Madison Square Garden, one of the first shows with new pianist Bruce Hornsby, after Brent died a short while before. China Cat Sunflower- I Know You Rider is flat out incredible.

I'm working my way backwards into the 80's and 70's.

And I think Senator Al Franken is right about that Althea solo.

Billy the Mountain fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 3, 2017