Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

ReV VAdAUL posted:

If Breivik's (another example of the authorities' soft touch on fascists) .

In what way did the Norwegian authorities go soft on Breivik?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

V. Illych L. posted:

The Front National is a very odd beast, and there are so many black people in France who are such an integral part of French society that the more traditional European "gently caress the blacks" becomes inefficient outside of really isolated rural communities; even in the FN's strongholds in the South, most people will generally have a black friend or two and deal with black people on a fairly regular basis; French nationalism has been fairly assimilationist for a long time, and even fascists work with what they're given. So rather than hating on them for being black, they have to hate on them for being unintegrated, not-French, scary muslims, whatever.

Old man Le Pen was also a well known anti-semite. France is a really strange country politically - I don't know any other country that has an arrangement like the Cordon Sanitaire, for instance.

Belgium had this for the longest time to exclude Filip de Winter and his party Vlaams Blok. Also there was a brief period of time in which Geert Wilders and his PVV were excluded by such a Cordon Sanitaire. Although of course both of these have now ended and the only one that remains is the French one.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Orange Devil posted:

One of the largest parties with chances of a plurality if there were national elections today according to the polls.

Also, literally a fascist.

I am severely disheartened by the lack of a strong response from the other parties re: Wilders' statement about Moroccans. "The less, the better" is reminiscent of every call to ethnic cleansing ever and imo borderline incitement to harm or kill. Of course he'll deny that, but you just know some mouthbreathing fuckwit will get this poo poo into his head because Geert said it.

The man is idolized by some and it's getting really dangerous now.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
More unashamed demagoguery by Wilders on council election night. Definitely not comparable to Hitler to stand on stage and have your audience shout that they want less Moroccans in the country... It makes me incredibly uneasy that the people that voice support for the PVV do not see the historical parallels. Or worse still, they might not care.

• Locked thread