Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Nance Garner
Aug 16, 2012

Bring your bourbon and cigars to the "Bureau of Education".
So, I know Uzbekistan isn't exactly Europe, but political dissidents have been boiled to death as recently as c. 2002 or so. Not to mention that all elections are completely unfair and the current President has been in power since 1999, with the Executive having near-complete power over the Legislative.

Yet, at the same time, I think the United States has been using Uzbek bases and such for the 'War on Terror'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Nance Garner
Aug 16, 2012

ThirdPartyView posted:

Isn't Belarus in a similar position with Alexander Lukashenko?

I definitley believe you're correct, but I still don't think Lukashenko has boiled anyone to death.

John Nance Garner
Aug 16, 2012

General China posted:

Can we take this admission to remember when Éamon de Valera sent his sympathy over Hitlers death.

Is this an actuality? I must re-think my opinion of him perhaps...

• Locked thread