Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsarentdangerous
Aug 11, 2008
I would play this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsarentdangerous
Aug 11, 2008
Brother in law brought over Fire in the Lake last night, we didn't want to mess around with AI factions for our first game so I played the VC/NVA and he went US/RVN. It was really, really fun although very difficult to stop the US from romping home on the second coup card - he withdrew 10 units on the first coup card and without a distinct RVN player to govern all his support away I felt kind of helpless. Also all the events that came out were US orientated, neither of us have ever played a COIN game before so we assumed it was a US player always moves first sort of mechanic, it was only after the game ended and I was browsing through the deck I realised the deck hadn't been shuffled it and the game shouldn't be an endless parade of awe inspiring US bombing strikes.

Overall though really looking forward to playing again with 4 players. Also LoC seem both confusing and vital.

dogsarentdangerous
Aug 11, 2008

Panzeh posted:

Remember that in the 2-player 2-side game, the US/RVN player does as well as the worst faction and both sides must get their early victory conditions to get an early victory except on the last coup card.

It's basically designed so you can't just tank the RVN and yank all the Americans or do the opposite where you shove in all the Americans to try to win with RVN.

I wouldn't have remembered any of that because I never knew it, but I will deffo look it up before we play again. Thanks.