Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Warning: Heresy may be committed in this post.

Would people consider FFG's Tide of Iron to be a wargame? It's squad based on a hex map, has terrain and LOS rules and most of the other features of a wargame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Numlock posted:

There's Steve Jackson Presents: A Steve Jackson game by Steven Jackson: Ogre by Steve Jackson Games.

I'm looking forward to getting my copy of the Kickstarter edition sometime this decade.

People already have their Kickstarter editions of OGRE, I've seen pictures. Some of them have even spent the night in it already.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

silvergoose posted:

If you look on BGG, someone is posting their session reports of Rise and Decline of the Third Reich: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1563/rise-and-decline-of-the-third-reich#forums

It's a fascinating read! Huge operational game for all of WW2, and they're really playing it out.

Rise and Decline is an amazing game in many ways. I wish I still had my copy, but the dog pissed on the map and I had to ditch it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

That would explain why South America is about half again the size of Britain.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Paper Mac posted:

Which older Ancients expansions are hard to get?

I seem to recall that 2 and 3 are due for reprinting. Exp3 is the big problem because it has the stuff for Epic in it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

utana posted:

You could try the Afghanistan game here: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/sspp/departments/warstudies/people/professors/sabin/consim.aspx
Not great, but it's the best I've found about the Soviet invasion.

Alternately he could play Campaign for North Africa. True, it's not about Afghanistan, but it perfectly replicates a conflict that will never, ever end until the players finally say screw it, pack up their kit and go home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

The stickers usually hold quite well. I'm still trying to muster myself to sticker C&C Exp #6, though - mostly because I also need a new tackle box for it.