Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBear
Aug 16, 2013

Tekopo posted:

Talking about LPs, who would be interested in one involving Guns of Gettysburg? It's something that I've been talking to silvergoose about. Basically, the idea is to have the goons take a side (or ideally, if we can do it, both sides). Rule knowledge would not be required, with only basic concepts being told to the 'players'. The 'players' would have an hierarchy of sorts, while two mods (one per side) would actually play out the turns based on the plans of the 'players'.

Is this still a thing that interest can be expressed in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBear
Aug 16, 2013

Tekopo posted:

Yeah, of course. I need to clear up a few things on how I'm gonna run things and find someone with the time to run it with me. It'll probably happen after I finish my Dungeon Petz PBP since otherwise it'll never get finished.

Nifty. I've got GoG and NT, but it's hard to find anyone else willing the spend the time to learn them!

MisterBear
Aug 16, 2013

King Chicken posted:

My only problem with CC for newer players is that it can be a pain to track down the earlier expansions, which the newer expansions are all dependant on. C&C:Ancients has the same issue.

It's things like that that make me glad I've been getting all the expansions (barring the most recent one) even though I've yet to actually, y'know, play the game. Being a completionist is a bitch.

MisterBear
Aug 16, 2013

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

go gently caress yourself!

I have the AA Anniversary Ed. on preorder and I can't wait. I'm also keeping an eye on War Room developments and am considering backing it.

I'm pretty excited about war room. It's tickling my i-must-have-this-even-if-i-don't-have-a-group-to-play-it-with spot just right.

MisterBear
Aug 16, 2013
If you’re interested in the more ‘professional’ end of wargaming https://paxsims.wordpress.com is a pretty interesting read. They’ve got a fair few links to docs like the UK MoD’s wargaming handbook, and exercises run at Sandhurst and all that kinda stuff.

In the professional world it sounds like Matrix Gaming has a fair amount of traction - the core of which seems to be that actions in the game are governed by being able to argue that they’re realistic and possible and not having your argument being torn to threads by the other participants. Sounds like sort thing that would work quite well with people who know about the secret stuff!