Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

`Nemesis posted:

Just couldn't wait to get home

Isn't there a country song about this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Lap dance is always better when the stripper is crying dying?

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children
So uhmm which of you guys did this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekq034t7STs&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OusDIhwo37U&feature=player_embedded

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

:stare: :stonk:

22 killed?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

the three vans were those mini-bus / taxi type things and were fully loaded with people

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

YF19pilot posted:

Isn't there a country song about this?

Yes there is.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

G-Mach posted:

Yes there is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papa_Loved_Mama

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

InterceptorV8 posted:

There are reverse b doubles flatbeds I see quite a bit. Instead of the first trailer being short, the first is long, but has a tri-axle with the 5th wheel plate, then hooks into a smaller flat.

Sounds like a stag double they're the new rage with the tippers over here.

The short back trailer makes it easier to jackknife out of the way to dump the A-trailer. And the way their setup puts all the weight in the back trailer over the back tri rather the spread over the drive and first tri.

Rudager fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Sep 20, 2013

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Please tell me more about downs truck. :downs:

EDIT: Tables

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

Everyday Lurker posted:

Please tell me more about downs truck. :downs:

EDIT: Tables

ijustam
Jun 20, 2005

From Reddit

quote:

This is what happens when a customer tries to brick load a 53' trailer FULL of paper from top to bottom, front to back.
The landing gear did not collapse, they broke through the pavement!
We figured out later that there was somewhere in the neighborhood of 150,000 pounds of paper on this thing, not to mention to weight of the trailer itself.
A little overweight? DOT would have lost it had we gotten this thing on the road.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Truck is mad at the EPA, I roll coal when regen happens.

Fukkin SWEET.

nutcup
Jun 27, 2004

:heysexy: PUBLIC TOILETS :heysexy:
*sticks his face into the coal stream like the picture of the dog getting sprayed with a water hose. Just hair getting blown back and being fully fumigated. Suddenly it stops and I notice Interceptor popping the park brake and cracking open the cab door. I come running excitedly with my arms outstretched before being slammed brutally to the parking lot pavement by a moose guarded cattle hauler's front end and horrifically mashed into a pulp by each dual set that follows to where whats left begins to actually ooze into the large cracks in the pavement itself. Interceptor's eyes are wide and his mouth slightly agaped in disbelief to what the gently caress just unfolded infront of him and over a few feet from impact is my lower extremities from about the lower chest to the taint area exposed up into the air. My anus begins to slowly release an audibly delicious symphonic geyser of blood, poo poo, semen, and gaseous emissions that the EPA just walks the gently caress by to that poo poo I apologize.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

:allears:

Beauty just happened right?

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Looks like nutcup's back... and ready for action. :pervert:

I never actually got caught up with the previous topic, so I'm glad I'm in on the ground floor of this one.

0rganDonor
Jan 19, 2007
When the last thread closed it felt like another mom and pop had gone under, now it feels like I just rolled into the Petro in Gaston, In, at midnight and there's a pullthrough open close to the building. It must be my birthday! :neckbeard:

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Cakefool posted:

Who has my shotgun?

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
Friend of All Children

Cakefool posted:

Just like shooting stars, I make a wish whenever I see nutcup posts in here.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Say "roll coal" three times and Nutcup will appear.

Might take a couple of days but I got a crazy loving story for you all, as soon as I am cleared to talk about it, make sure it wasn't one of you idiots involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5QYYlfXQFk

I swear to god, it was like this.

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004
I REMEMBER THE FIRST TIME I SAID ROLL COAL INTO A MIRROR AND NUTCUP APPEARED. IT FEELS LIKE IT WAS ALMOST YESTERDAY, IV8 AND I WERE HAVING A SLEEPOVER IN THE TRUCK STOP ALONG I95 IN PHILLY. IV8 WAS WEARING JEANS AND A TSHIRT THAT SMELLED OF DIESEL AND HAD CURSIVE WRITING THAT SAID "ASK ME ABOUT PUTTING MY RANGE SELECTOR INTO 'gently caress'". HE PULLED OUT A SUNSHADE VISOR WITH A VANITY MIRROR AND SAID LETS PLAY A GAME IVE HEARD OF, ITS CALLED "CHAPLESS NUTCUP". IT WILL TELL YOU THE NEXT TRUCK YOU WILL DRIVE. I DONT BELIEVE IN GHOSTS OR FHE SUPERNATURAL SO I SAID IT WAS BULLSHIT AND THATS DUMB, THEN IV8 ASKED ME WHAT I WAS SCARED OF. IM NOT AFRAID OF ANYTHING SO I TOOK THE MIRROR AND GAZED INTO. IN THE DISTANCE THERE WAS A SOUND OF THUNDER. "ROLL COAL" I SAID, BRANCHES OMINOUSLY BANGED ON THE WINDOWS OR MAYBE IT WAS A GUY LOOKING FOR AN OPEN SHITTER, ANYWAYS, "ROLL COAL" I BRAZENLY SAID A SECOND TIME AND THE WIND PICKED UP AND BLEW OUT ALL THE CANDLES SO IV8 YELLED AT THE loving rear end in a top hat DRYING HIS HANDS TO KNOCK IT THE gently caress OFF. "ROLL COAL" I SAID THE THIRD TIME AND THE BATHROOM LIGHTS WENT OFF AND AN OTHERWORLDLY GLOW CAME FROM THE VISOR BECAUSE OT HAD ONE OF THOSE BATTERY OPERATED LIGHTS ON IT WHICH IS PRETTY NIFTY IF YOU ASK ME. THEN HE APPEARED IN THE MIRROR, ALTHOUGH IT WASNT LIKE HIS FACE IT STARTED WITH THE BACK OF HIS HEAD AND ROTATED AROUND AND KEPT REALLY CLOSE FOCUS AND WENT UP AND DOWN MAKING SURE TO PAUSE ON HIS SICK ABS IT WAS LIKE THAT D'ANGELO VIDEO ACTUALLY EXCEPT NUTCUP KEEPS HIS DREADS IN HIS PANTS, THEY POKE OUT AROUND THE CHAPS ANYWAYS I BECAME A BELIEVER THAT DAY AND SAW THE MOST HORRIFYING TALE OF MY FUTURE. AS THE CAMERA SLOWLY PANNED DOWN TO HIS BARE rear end AT FIRST I NOTICED A LITTLE DESIGNER TAG ON HIS CHAPS AND THOUGHT "WHOA THATS COOL I COULD GO FOR SOME OF THOSE" BUT WHEN I LOOKED CLOSER I SAW IT, THE PROPHECY.

IT SAID SWIFT.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Muffinpox posted:

"ASK ME ABOUT PUTTING MY RANGE SELECTOR INTO 'gently caress'"

I need this t-shirt.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Muffinpox posted:

IT SAID SWIFT.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
From the GIP Police thread: http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/10/07/truckers-for-the-constitution-plan-to-slow-dc-beltway-arrest-congressmen

This seems like a solid plan.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

InterceptorV8 posted:

I need this t-shirt.

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/product2.aspx?from=CustomDesigner&number=998968227

Edit: Whoops, didn't see the "cursive writing" part. Fixed.

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 9, 2013

ijustam
Jun 20, 2005

Haha yeah I'm totally sure that'll work. They are literally a union striking.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

XL is the biggest it comes in? We gonna have to work on that.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

InterceptorV8 posted:

XL is the biggest it comes in? We gonna have to work on that.

I kind of like the sleeveless tee, to my stereotyping mind it seems very "trucker".

To get it in a size that'll actually fit a trucker however you have to go regular tee:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customize/product2.aspx?from=CustomDesigner&number=999630256

All the way to 4XL baby.

Edit: Also, holy poo poo cafe press is a ripoff. Get someone with some actual artistic talent to design this thing, then maybe it would be worth the money.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
Friend of All Children
Today I played the role of makeshift roadside assistance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=997lVQ2BPQ8

Loaded the van in my transfer dump truck (with the box or whatever you call it on the ground) then it was a matter of backing up against the trailer (thank God it had adjustable suspensions because I sure as hell do not!). Also no sound because it was too windy to be worth it.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

DonVincenzo posted:

Today I played the role of makeshift roadside assistance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=997lVQ2BPQ8

Loaded the van in my transfer dump truck (with the box or whatever you call it on the ground) then it was a matter of backing up against the trailer (thank God it had adjustable suspensions because I sure as hell do not!). Also no sound because it was too windy to be worth it.

You say "Hey ya'll watch this!" at work a lot?

Glad to see you wore your bump cap for safety reason.

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
Friend of All Children
No and no I was the one recording :)

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009
So here's a video from a site that's a good one for passing time, the sort of stuff I think truckers will enjoy. I warn you that it's decidedly :nws:, and that you'll want an ad blocker... It just so happens that this one video is actually a truck video...
http://grab.orsm.net/php/flow.php?file=update20131010/truck-brakes-fail-going-down-a-hill.mp4
Which leads me to ask, was there anything better this guy should have done, or was he pretty much hosed?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Red_October_7000 posted:

So here's a video from a site that's a good one for passing time, the sort of stuff I think truckers will enjoy. I warn you that it's decidedly :nws:, and that you'll want an ad blocker... It just so happens that this one video is actually a truck video...
http://grab.orsm.net/php/flow.php?file=update20131010/truck-brakes-fail-going-down-a-hill.mp4
Which leads me to ask, was there anything better this guy should have done, or was he pretty much hosed?

Longer copy of that video on a much safer website..

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5eb_1380817294

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Red_October_7000 posted:

He should have aimed for cheaper vehicles, god drat.

He also shouldn't have been driving like a dink.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
The unfortunate thing here is that white sign at the end says "runaway lane". He almost made it but for the black MB with half its rear end blocking the shoulder.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Assuming it's got air brakes, shouldn't the spring brakes have slammed on there? It's sort of hard to imagine a situation where something could go so wrong that the entire system couldn't depressurize and engage the springs.

Unless it was some kind of enormous brake fade, but it looked reasonably under control in the beginning.

Hell, for that matter I've never seen a video of a truck losing air pressure. I've always assumed the brakes re-engaging would be awfully pants-making GBS threads for a moment.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007

Hypnolobster posted:

Unless it was some kind of enormous brake fade

Basically this. When you're trying to stop 80,000lbs or so it generates a lot of heat.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Hypnolobster posted:

Assuming it's got air brakes, shouldn't the spring brakes have slammed on there? It's sort of hard to imagine a situation where something could go so wrong that the entire system couldn't depressurize and engage the springs.

Unless it was some kind of enormous brake fade, but it looked reasonably under control in the beginning.

Hell, for that matter I've never seen a video of a truck losing air pressure. I've always assumed the brakes re-engaging would be awfully pants-making GBS threads for a moment.

It is brake fade. the brake drums heat up, move away from the shoes, the shoes can no longer contact the drums, the truck runs away. This is why runaway lanes exist.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

I'd just like to point out to the mouth breathers on the other forums that "laying a truck over" is never the best loving idea, ever.

Using two G-wegens is much better of an idea. I get to spend my off day filling out some paperwork because some people are too loving stupid to act like adults on the interstate, so I'm pretty cranky about this poo poo.

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

Powershift posted:

It is brake fade. the brake drums heat up, move away from the shoes, the shoes can no longer contact the drums, the truck runs away. This is why runaway lanes exist.

I've driven cars where the handbrake is a true "emergency" brake inasmuch as it's completely mechanically separate from the service brakes and can be used even if the regular brakes are unusable from wear or heat, but that type of brake isn't common on cars, usually it's on sports cars that are expected to be driven hard enough to see brake fade from heat. Is that type of emergency brake as uncommon on big trucks, or is it just that there's only so much any emergency brake can do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Red_October_7000 posted:

I've driven cars where the handbrake is a true "emergency" brake inasmuch as it's completely mechanically separate from the service brakes and can be used even if the regular brakes are unusable from wear or heat, but that type of brake isn't common on cars, usually it's on sports cars that are expected to be driven hard enough to see brake fade from heat. Is that type of emergency brake as uncommon on big trucks, or is it just that there's only so much any emergency brake can do?

It uses the same system as the service brake. Pretty much.

• Locked thread