Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

InterceptorV8 posted:

The big giggle is that my truck never goes into that lovely state. OK, I did a quick hop into California for a big bonus just a couple of weeks ago, and stopped counting after I got cut off 6 times in a row. I really need to figure out why my fuel mileage after service has taken a hit, but I don't have many fucks to give since they figured out how not to pay out the fuel mileage bonus anyway. If they want the truck to get better mileage, they better get better shop workers.

Is part of the deal that company shops pay dogshit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
That looks like a really bad and really time consuming idea. Heh.

"Gonna need more beer to finish this one."

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Yeah, at the very least, that headache is likely brain cancer.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Holy :laffo:, I just realized the windshield wipers are a goddamn plane prop.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
But that's... stupid. :(

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

you get at least 2 months of having an ornery lifetimer filling your ear.

With, uh... ?

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Name was Russell.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
No placard, that's just for show. :dukedog:

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Efficiency is obviously a "core value" at Swift. :smugbert:

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

Ozmiander posted:

Probably join up with one of the horrible starter companies and survive that for a few months and then try to find a real job.

Why not cut to the chase and find a real job now, before the crippling depression really cuts into the interview process? :v:

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

Shadokin posted:

I freely admit I have become completely spoiled by working in the LTL field. Which has led me to me new problem of hating the company I work for, but there is like one maybe two other companies that would pay more then my wife and I make working here.

And that's the downside to niche work in a nutshell.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Ha, the Beltway is kid poo poo now compared to 95 South between the Beltway (mile marker 170 I think?) and Exit 130 or so. Almost every weekday this whole year headed south and a lot of days headed north there's been nasty miles-long backups because they've closed all but one or two lanes in multiple places. Think running at night would help? Nope! It's all 24-hour work zones, same problems and same miles-long delays even at 3 am. At least they back it off a little during the rush hours, although usually they do it by loving the traffic even harder in the other direction. The best part is the lane closures have been producing 1000% more fender benders than usual, and they block even more traffic because there's no shoulders anywhere to move the vehicles to (or to get a tow truck through).

gently caress my commute. :suicide:

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
I call bullshit, that's two pictures of a truck and an engine.

What's the odd man out canister?

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

jamal posted:

Yeah sure if you like refried beans coated in melted cheese.

But I do like those things. :confused:

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

Mr. Wiggles posted:

There's a late night taco truck that's been setting up at the pilot in fernley. Very good buche and carnitas.

I love a well-trimmed buche.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

Hummer Driving human being posted:

I bought a CB and antenna when I went from southern Virginia to DC almost every weekend for six months. Channel 19 was very active. The speed trap and traffic warnings are the only useful part of it. The rest of it is people complaining about Obama or getting into racist shouting matches or someone with an illegal amplifier drowning everyone else out playing some crappy music or making fart noises just to make everyone angry.

CB radio is internet forums for people who can't read.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

Ozmiander posted:

6'5" and 400lbs a month ago here. I'm visibly fat, but people never guess anywhere near my actual weight. The lovely part is that even though i won't be running any significant distances, i'm not so unhealthy i can't walk several miles, lift and move heavy poo poo all day, etc. But i still get loving pegged for a sleep study :/

Holy poo poo, I am 6'7" and 310 and visibly fat (big ole gut and a bunch of face/arm fat). Most people are ~80 pounds too low guessing my weight. Thanks to my job the last couple years I'm now built like a brick shithouse under the fat, and I am the widest-shouldered person I've ever seen. You have to be a huge dude in every dimension at two inches shorter and another 90 pounds. We should hang out and take over a town by force or something.

BMI "accuracy" tops out around 6 feet tall (ie 3 inches over the average American male height). My dad had a pulmonary embolism and spent a month in hospital. He's 6'4" and only a bit less wide in the chest/shoulders than me, a long-haul distance bicyclist so not carrying much fat and mostly lean muscle when he went in. He came out at 220 pounds and looked like a hideous emaciated skeleton man, like seriously a character from a mummy movie or something. His BMI at 6'4" 220 lbs? 26.8 (overweight). :wtc:

Mine's 34.9, ie hilariously obese.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

InterceptorV8 posted:

That and dealing with toll roads, piles and piles of loving retarded idiots, idiot lumpers and fuckasses wanting kickbacks, everybody can just have a suck of my dick.

flip a coin
if it's tails, eat a dick
if it's heads, eat that same dick plus eat a pile of poo poo

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Whoa, wait a minute. Operating a forklift is a lot more appealing suddenly.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Anyone who won't take "I saved enough to take a nice break so I spent three months smoking good cigars and loving my wife and her friends all day" for an answer is probably going to be a bad employer anyway.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
"Training film"

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
Why do they always make trainables trainees wear weird masks?

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

:suspense:

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Should have just taken a shower with your clothes and boots on.

In purple stuff degreaser

At a hotel if you're not on public sewer, because diesel can't be great for a septic system either. And Purple Power definately isn't.

So, uh, why isn't gasoline the best cleaner for this? I mean, besides :supaburn:

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

Preoptopus posted:

what happened to iv8?

Wasn't working out, had to let him go.

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

Powershift posted:

Yeah, december 17th they're mandatory. Canada is just doing Mandatory e-logs and stability control in new trucks.

Imagine how much fun stability control is gonna be with sensors caked in mud :allears:

Just in time for Christmas! What could go wrong?

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007

Powershift posted:

I just jam my phone in the tape deck/8 track player, idgaf.

lol nice tiny phone bro

an open glove box is where it's at

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
I think it is much more damning re: texting to find it in the driver side footwell after an accident.

• Locked thread