Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OZC
Jan 28, 2008

InterceptorV8 posted:

4. Stopping on the interstate to take pictures of the Truckee River is a great loving idea.

4a. Make sure you DON'T put your flashers on when you park in the travel lane on the interstate.

5. DON'T get off the interstate to take a piss on the offramp, just stop on the interstate and pop a squat right there.

5a. DO get mad when the trucker uses his or her airhorn and makes you fall over into your piss puddle.

Saw a few Burners doing a variant on #4 along 28 near Sand Harbor on their excursion to see Tahoe, along with one doing #5 at the lookout above Incline on 431. Sadly, my buddy's pickup lacks an airhorn to invoke 5a. At least they only come around here once a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

InterceptorV8 posted:

Can you even loving breathe up there?

Smoke is heavy all the way to Boise and all the way over to Battle Mountain.

It's horrible up here right now. I've got every window in my office sealed up and it's still smoky inside. It seemed to clear up a bit over the weekend, but it went right back to being poo poo yesterday. I'm hoping the winds change and clear it out before I go to the Rib Cook-Off on Thursday but I'm not optimistic. That was the funniest thing of seeing people coming up here to get a look at the lake though, because aside from looking down into Incline and a hazy glimpse of Crystal Bay, you can't see anything worth a drat in the basin right now from the lookout, and the view certainly isn't any better anywhere else around the lake.

• Locked thread