Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

InterceptorV8 posted:

I get to watch people get confused as gently caress at this scale which makes it all worth it.

http://goo.gl/maps/0RKbE

So N-bound and S-bound trucks alternate through? Do those arrows point the way I think they do? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

InterceptorV8 posted:

I think Washington DC should stay the course. Godspeed Washington DC, Godspeed. :q:

That's hilarious. How the gently caress do people think poo poo gets to their grocery stores, for example. I'm kind of used to people taking poo poo for granted in that regard. I mean I can kind of understand it, I didn't even know jobs like mine existed before I started working them. But drat, do people who drive for a living get totally passed over in any conversation. Like people saying how great it would be to tax gas/diesel more, like the stupid Jalopnik, "Hurr, more gas/space on the road for our weekend cars :downs:". Then you've got the "zero idle" laws, piss injectors, etcetera, ad nauseam. Own you own truck or business, gently caress you! No one cares that your operating costs keep rising, get hosed! I mean keeping emissions low and economy high is important, but all that crap costs money.

Aaaand now I've just ranted about that in the trucker thread.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

InterceptorV8 posted:

I think I'll use my unused gun cablelocks.

:aaaaa: Someone found a use for those! Let me know if you need some extras, I've been trying to figure out what to do with them for years.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Have kind of an odd question for y'all. I'm looking for the name of a tool. It's a 3-4 foot long aluminum or steel rod with a shortish t-handle at one end, and a hook on the other. I've used them for years, but can't think of any other name except for bread-tray hooks or milkman's hooks. Someone said they sell them at Flying J's, so I figured one of you'd know what they're called.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Powershift posted:

Pin puller, or fifth wheel pin puller.

Thank you very much. loving useful things, now I'll have one of my own.

• Locked thread