Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

`Nemesis posted:

Just couldn't wait to get home

Isn't there a country song about this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

DonVincenzo posted:

Or he just forgot he had it up. (Happened to one of our driver a couple years ago, yes they're not particularly the brightest guys, but still)

That happened up here in Cleveland last year I think it was. Dump truck left his bed up after leaving a construction zone and took out a relatively brand new pedestrian bridge over I-90. Did enough damage they had to tear the bridge down.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

DonVincenzo posted:

Yeah braking near houses should totally be banned. But then they're going to complain when the next truck ends up their living room.

I don't see how the guy doesn't realize the correlation between living on a busy street, and said street being noisy. But, I mean, the guy is a Social Studies Teacher, not a rocket scientist or something, so he probably wouldn't understand simple things like how a truck works.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Aurune posted:

Can't do that, it contains non-CARB approved materials. They'd have to fine you.

The California Air Resources Board contains chemicals that are known to the State of California to cause cancer.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Shampoo posted:

Have you guys seen this?

http://gizmodo.com/this-futuristic-truck-was-actually-designed-by-walmart-1535929971

I know Walmart has a ton of trucks, so they probably have some pull in the industry, but do you see this going anywhere?

That's kinda old news. I remember them talking about that during my training for the brief time I worked as a cashier 5 years ago.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Because if the public really wants to be accurate, the trucker stereotype they should have is of a skeezy Russian in a track suit and a third hand Volvo who is most assuredly not associated with organized crime in any way.

Wasn't part of the scare against NAFTA that our highways would be flooded with drunk Mexicans who are illiterate, driving rusty 50 year old trucks 20 mph under the limit, held together by bailing wire and duct tape, with cocaine stuffed the in the fuel tanks?

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Thought you guys might like to see this. EPA declares it illegal to roll coal

Only thing I don't like, the wording is so vague and broad that it can be interpreted to mean that any kind of modification to any vehicle is a "defeat device" and the EPA can thus fine you. Which is awesome considering the EPA has also just given itself the power to garnish wages.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Honsy16 posted:

Crossposting from the horrible mechanical failures thread:

"Don't worry, little buddy, I'll get ya where yer goin'"

But seriously: :wtc:

Wasn't this, I think the UK, it was some elderly guy in the car like cut off the trucker in someway that the trucker didn't see it, and somehow didn't feel it, and ended up dragging the poor sod like 15 miles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Splizwarf posted:

Whoa, wait a minute. Operating a forklift is a lot more appealing suddenly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oB6DN5dYWo

• Locked thread