Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
hahaha, ridiculous goal

/Edit: Scotland keeper slices a kick out of his hands to about 6' in front of himself, and Connor Wickham just volleys it straight back over him.

peanut- fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Scotland are a shambles, 4-0 England

edit: 5, Shelvey with a scorcher

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
5-0, lovely goal from Shelvey. Poor Scotland.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
Dayum...maybe Pearce was the problem all along

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This Hodgson guy doesn't seem like a bad manager. Can see him getting offered a top Premier League job soon.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
6-0 Tom Carroll, some very pretty goals.

Incidentally if anyone was thinking about signing up, these Al Jazeera streams are lovely. High res and no stuttering at all. I don't even have to listen to Michael Owen.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Scotland need to throw in the towel this is a bloodbath

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Who does that Redmond chap play for? Really nice feet there.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

irlZaphod posted:

Who does that Redmond chap play for? Really nice feet there.

:smug:

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
It's Sammytime!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Paddy Madden's been initiated into the Ireland squad. He sang Take That's "Everything Changes". :)

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Zakaria Bakkali is injured for the game tomorrow. Courtois, Kompany, Pocognoli and Witsel to be guaranteed starting XI spots.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

very happy tommy carroll got a goal :)

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

We're just luring you into a false sense of security for tomorrow.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Looking forward to getting a few cans in tonight and drinking them as I watch England beat Scotland on the TV in my flat I awkwardly share with my ex girlfriend.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
The Japan-Uruguay friendly has been lots of fun so far.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Why did Scotland start boycotting World Cups?

Jimmmmah
Oct 11, 2000
Forum Veteran

tetsman posted:

The Japan-Uruguay friendly has been lots of fun so far.

Yeah Suarez has had a good game to be fair, looked sharp and always causing problems. Great free kick from Honda too, good to see Kagawa getting some game time too as well as a goal.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I missed the morning friendlies, which team did the Uruguay/Japan match say more about?

Gigi Galli posted:

Thanks for all the info, I wonder if Gibralter will get someone in to full internationals in the next decade.

That would be pretty awesome, but I'm not sure they will be able to until they are full FIFA members. I don't see any of CONCACAF's non-FIFA members having referees on the list, but that could just as easily be because "they are all crap".

If Gibralter does have a FIFA in the next decade, I think it will be young Stewart Bonavia. He is the youngest class 1 referee in the Gibralter at age 27. As it turns out, there is only one class 2 referee and he is 49 years old already, so it Bonavia looks a shoe-in. Haha. Pretty amazing that they have a list of all 35 referees in Gibralter online. Who knows if it's up to date or not, but if you can find someone who will give you good odds on Bonavia to make the panel it's probably worth five.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Pissflaps posted:

Why did Scotland start boycotting World Cups?

too hard to get irn-bru and haggis in those daft countries

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Irn-Bru is horrible

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

you shut your mouth

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

euroboy posted:

Irn-Bru is horrible

Just like the soft drink :D

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

euroboy posted:

Irn-Bru is horrible

Och aye bonny wee lad it's pish shite the noo!

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

shoosh german

COME ON SCOTLAND!

and also COME ON ENGLAND because I'm half English

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I've got a Scotland MNT shirt, maybe I'll wear it. 'mon the lads. Are there any Hibs players in the SMNT?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Anyone got any pics of full kilt wankers roaming the streets of London?

GOM
Jan 13, 2001

PWM POTM, September 2013

President & Founding Member of Cardiac Crew (x2)

vaginal culture posted:

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

And Zlatan puts Sweden 1-0 up after 1 minute and 4 seconds. Ughhhhh

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

vaginal culture posted:

Look at this disgraceful behaviour. Animals and thugs the lot of them. Hadrian was right.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

This is absolutely terrible from Norway, this is quite possibly the worst match ever. 2-0 and Zlatan again.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Going to tentatively predict an 8-0 England win tonight

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Poland:
Wojciech Szczesny; Artur Jedrzejczyk, Lukas Szukala, Kamil Glik, Jakub Wawrzyniak; Grzegorz Krychowiak, Przemyslaw Kazmierczak, Jakub Blaszczykowski, Mateusz Klich , Waldemar Sobota; Robert Lewandowski

Denmark:
Stephan Andersen - Lars Jacobsen (anfører), Simon Kjær, Andreas Bjelland, Nicolai Boilesen - Mike Jensen, William Kvist - Martin Braithwaite, Christian Eriksen, Viktor Fischer - Nicklas Pedersen.

What a poo poo national team. Boilesen will probably get injured and except for Eriksen and Fischer, there's aboslutely nothing exciting about Denmark. Never seen Nicklas Pedersen score. Or well, once, but that doesn't count.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
3-1 England with Danny Welbeck scoring first is my predicition

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Somewhere in Leeds Ross McCormack is dumping a sofa on the side of a dual carriageway with this on the radio and crying

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I like that the ITV punditry for this match could be summed up as "both teams will want to win this one."

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Welbeck starts :suicide:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

EvilHawk posted:

Welbeck starts :suicide:

He's done well for England

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Hegav posted:

Poland:
Wojciech Szczesny; Artur Jedrzejczyk, Lukas Szukala, Kamil Glik, Jakub Wawrzyniak; Grzegorz Krychowiak, Przemyslaw Kazmierczak, Jakub Blaszczykowski, Mateusz Klich , Waldemar Sobota; Robert Lewandowski

Denmark:
Stephan Andersen - Lars Jacobsen (anfører), Simon Kjær, Andreas Bjelland, Nicolai Boilesen - Mike Jensen, William Kvist - Martin Braithwaite, Christian Eriksen, Viktor Fischer - Nicklas Pedersen.

What a poo poo national team. Boilesen will probably get injured and except for Eriksen and Fischer, there's aboslutely nothing exciting about Denmark. Never seen Nicklas Pedersen score. Or well, once, but that doesn't count.

I remember when we were mocked for choosing Reid over Kjaer and now one's a top, top lad worth lots of money and the other is Simon Kjaer

:smuggo:

Are Cornelius and Helenius not near the first team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
can someone get a screenshot of that picture of Hodgson that was just on because I saw it for half a second and it looked like something you'd see on the side of a poo poo carnival ride

• Locked thread