Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Sic Parvis Magna and all that
Platinum Games rules because they make the most videogame-rear end video games. Also I forgot to mention in my demo video that Team Attacks are also good for restoring your batteries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Oh, another thing I just noticed. If you're trying to get a good medal for your combo score, definitely make sure to daze some enemies via pudding blocks or whatever, because every time you strike a dazed enemy you get 100 bonus points. Juggling a dazed enemy with the sword can get you a lot of extra points.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Platinum's games usually have five or six difficulty modes.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Every Platinum game gets one scathing review from somewhere who flat out doesn't get the game or is just poo poo at video games, and this game got one in record time with a 3/10 from Blistered Thumbs.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Those spike-armor enemies and turtles were real tough to fight at first, but it's really neat to see how they have several tricks for beating them quickly. The turtles become a lot easier to handle once you realize you can just stand by their sides and bait them into that really easy to block stomp that lets you flip them over.

I just got up to Operation 004 and I think my favorite aspect of this game right now is how this game likes to change it up every level. The pacing has felt pretty good so far with a decent balance of normal fights and set pieces. The only complaint I've had so far is that one of the interior sections had a messed up camera when using the gyro stuff in the controller. Thankfully you can turn that off!

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

By the way, here's something handy to know when fighting certain enemies, especially Prince Vorkken. When you're not holding down the Y button, all of your Wonders stay spread out. The benefit to this is that they will automatically attack enemies they bump into, as well as the fact that a spread out group will protect the leader from a lot of attacks. This comes in super handy when Prince Vorkken starts busting out the Unite Claws. Get a little distance from him and keep your group spread out. All of the projectiles he'll fire from his claws will be absorbed by your group..

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

So I just found out that while Unite Bomb never gains any skills, the inputs for the skills the other Unite Morphs get still do things. Wonderful Stinger makes you throw the bomb further ahead of you, Wonderful Rising makes you throw the bomb upwards into the air, and Wonderful Cyclone makes you throw multiple bombs all around you.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

I beat this game yesterday and I think at a glance I like this game more than Bayonetta. Even if the gameplay were exactly the same as Bayonetta's I think I would like this game more just because the style, setting, and characters are a lot more appealing to me than Bayonetta's. Also when the game suddenly changes into a shooter or other genre it's generally fun and doesn't feel like it drags on forever like when it happens in Bayonetta.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Has anybody else heard any new messages during loading screens after beating the game? Normally during the loading screens you'll hear a character shout "The Wonderful 101!" but after beating it I got Laambo pouting and talking about how he hates the Wonderful 101, but I've only heard it once. Are there any others like that out there?

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Other things for beating the turtles:

1) Hero Counter makes you counter attack with the largest version of whatever Unite Morph you have out. You can fairly easily Hero Counter that annoying attack where they bite you and counterattack with a huge hammer.

2) Wonderful Cyclone for the hammer is a pretty good way of dealing a lot of damage to their shell.

3) Any of their stomps that don't summon fire from the ground can be easily blocked with Unite Guts, which will throw them up on one side. If you attack them repeatedly with something stronger like the hand or sword, you'll flip them all the way over onto their back so you can attack their belly.

4) Unite Whip can pick up dazed enemies and throw them for a ton of damage. This also applies to turtles that have been flipped over. I'm pretty sure a larger whip causes more damage, too. You can also draw a circle around them to pick them up and thrown them that way.

5) The whip can also grab the turtles' tail. Grabbing their tail with the whip will let you pull on it and cause them to be stunned for a second.

6) Their attacks that cause fire to shoot out of the ground can be completely nullified if you have Unite Hand out, since it absorbs fire! If you absorb the fire you can throw fireballs at the turtles and do a bit of damage to them that way. Just make sure you don't directly punch them if they still have their shells intact.

7) Unite Hand is probably the best way to attack a turtle with a broken shell/that has been flipped over, since you can just wail on him a ton and you won't have to worry about any of the long range fire attacks from the other turtle.

8) The Charge custom block is really good for the hammer since you don't have to continually draw large hammer shapes.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Another thing I noticed when fighting those enemies that are made out of cubes and use unite morphs: if they pull out a morph, attack them with the same morph a few times and they'll fall apart. It really helps speed up the fights with them.

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

It's pretty safe to say I'll end up doing a let's play of this game, just not now due to the three month rule/I want to do absolutely everything before I attempt recording it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chip Cheezum
Sep 5, 2006

Well I just finished my third run of the game and got Platinum medals throughout all of normal mode. Now all I've got left is 11 bottle caps and doing a fourth run on the highest difficulty mode. Normal mode feels like it's going in slow motion after playing on hard for so long.

• Locked thread