Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Hell yes get hype for super space monkey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Pasteurized Milk posted:

That monkey has a lot of Judgement and Wisdom.

Sometimes the most human among us aren't human at all

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Jut posted:

The biggest issue for me is the moving around from stick to face to stick to face TBH.

Is this your first video game

e: oh someone else said the same thing but really what?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I just beat Operation 002 and holy poo poo this game is loving great

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Gutcruncher posted:

Why do publishers keep giving Platinum money? Dont get me wrong, Im incredibly glad that they do, but their games are pretty much always a guaranteed flop. It just doesnt seem to make a whole lot of business sense.

I figure it's "these guys' games are really good this one HAS to actually sell, right?"

They're never right :(

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I just beat Operations 005 and 006.

This loving game :allears:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Just stayed up all night finishing this.

game of the fuckin year

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Chip Cheezum posted:

So I just found out that while Unite Bomb never gains any skills, the inputs for the skills the other Unite Morphs get still do things. Wonderful Stinger makes you throw the bomb further ahead of you, Wonderful Rising makes you throw the bomb upwards into the air, and Wonderful Cyclone makes you throw multiple bombs all around you.

Oh huh that would have been helpful to know. I never really used the bomb as my main morph because I figured there was no reason to when I could throw it out as a multi and continue beating the hell out of poo poo.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

I just remembered the extremely overt Metal Gear Rising reference near the end and now I'm remembering everything and god drat this game. I'm not sure if I like it more than Bayonetta. Maybe I do?? I dunno! They're kinda hard to compare from a gameplay perspective. I need to put more time into the higher difficulties/replays before I can decide on that. But The Wonderful 101 definitely out-crazys Bayonetta which isn't something I thought could happen.

It is a goddamn shame nobody will buy this. It's games like this that remind me why I love video games in the first place.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

To be honest I think I like Bayonetta's basic gameplay more but I do think W101 does the extra stuff a lot better, and I really do like the aesthetic and characters more.

This is kinda how I feel about it right now too. We'll see if that changes once I get as good at 101 as I was at Bayonetta.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

So, Operation 001-B Kahkoo-regah. The one in this video with the nerd man talking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76ybHfpwEug

How the hell do I get a platinum for combo? I've even tried using what few men it gives you to team attack while I'm shooting stuff and I still can't get the score high enough. What am I missing?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

SombereroLad posted:

The only thing that really bothers me about this game is the lack of mid boss checkpoints. Getting the bottlecap for no damaging the 005 boss is a pain

Yeah, the retry system in general is pretty annoying, especially when compounded with the loading times. Metal Gear Rising did it so much better (different teams I know).

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Maple Leaf posted:

Did I seriously perform a Zandatsu in Operation 009? This is important to me.

Yes. Yes you did.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

SombereroLad posted:

It's pretty annoying that the complete all secret missions and kahkoo-regahs require you to do them on every difficulty :(

I was already going through Very Easy and Easy to get all the collectibles/level up my dudes when I found this out. Lucky me!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Safety Scissors posted:

I've noticed I take to long to kill the giant spiky robots. The problem is the only way I've been able to find of dealing with them is let them attack, then stagger, then pull. I can never get 2 staggers in a row though. I always have to wait for them to attack again before I can stagger them again. Is there a faster way of killing them?

The bigger your whip is the more armor segments you pull off, also if you wait for them to do their sonic the hedgehog spin move and hit them out of it it's an instant stagger.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Lurkcopter posted:

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with the Vorkken fights past level 2? I just don't really know how to react to most of his attacks so it usually ends with me getting knocked out a bunch of times as I grind him down slowly.

The only attacks of his you can Unite Guts are the hand and hammer, so dodge everything else. If he uses Guts on one of your attacks, he'll always use a huge cyclone attack the second he comes out of it so get the hell out of the way.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

The Gorp posted:

The other big issue of my wondering why god hated me was when you get wonder green and need to kill the artillery. Just shooting it made it flash red and flinch and i dodged the bombs because i knew they blew up if you touched them even after they landed with red/blue. I probably hit it 500~ times before remaking the bridge to check the tool-tips to see what i could possibly be missing.

I love this game it's just unintuitive as all hell. Red damage sparks shouldn't appear if your attacks are doing nothing. The only reason I bring that up is that P-bot wont tell you anything about that specific scenario and you have to learn that green can "absorb" (which is an awful word for what he does) shots from the floor.

Do you have the tutorials on? Because this pops up for that entire encounter. Like, it appears the second it starts and stays until you finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Fedule posted:

E: From GameFAQs:

This person is full of poo poo, right?

...Right? :shepicide:

Nope! At least you don't have to worry about the Kahkoo-Regahs on anything below normal since they don't show up.

• Locked thread