Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Am I looking at 1 super hero or two?
The only feature this game is missing out on is "insta-replays" so many holy poo poo combos I want to see again right-a-way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

1. yes okami counts

2. Buy and play every single other one. Clover and platinum. I will vouch for the quality of all of them (except endless space, its not really "Platinum")

3. Difficulty wise, Platinum does not dumb things down. Normal is normal, hard is hard. The game will not be roll over and die easy like most modern games if you do not set it to easy. The good news is Platinum games are all super deep, so you will get better if you try. I've posted about it before in the Rising thread, but the final boss of that game was a complete brick wall for me at first. I kept at it though, and I slowly but surely began doing more and more damage while taking less and less until eventually I OWNED that fucker. The most satisfying video game victory in my recent memory.

Infinite Space is them, I would love to see their take on 4X games. Chip's guide should be in the OP as required viewing put some rotating lights up on that.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Yes I know they developed it, but it doesn't really have their unique style to it. Theres no deep action gameplay, no silly over the top story, no pummel duels. And is a platinum without pummel duels really a platinum game at all?

I was just making a bad joke that you said "endless space" when you ment infinite. What are the chances this game will get bobble heads in stores? Second question. Am I invincable when dodging or just getting lucky? I'm not the best dodger.

• Locked thread