Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
I guess the consensus is if you can't draw a straight line or a circle even after an entire game worth of practice you shouldn't get this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Jut posted:

The biggest issue for me is the moving around from stick to face to stick to face TBH.

Use the touchscreen you maniac

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Dunban posted:

It is in fact a spoiler.

Great. Thanks a lot you buttholes.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Well poo poo, I was hoping to get this at midnight but it looks like Wal-Mart isn't going to have this in stores until the 20th for some reason.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Monkey Fracas posted:

Most of the game, yeah. But if you aren't used to action games there were definitely some things that would be roadblocks even on Normal, I think. Just shift the difficulties (normal->hard, hard->very hard, etc.), "add" a few harder difficulties, and put in an insultingly easy mode so people who play on normal think they're playing "the real game".

Thinking about this, I remember reading forever ago that either Japan would do this for games, or when the game was translated they would change normal to easy, hard to normal, and make a new hard difficulty. I guess everyone in the world is a bitch at video games nowadays.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Yeah I haven't heard anything about the difficulties beyond Normal. I really hope they're different in some way.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Check it out everybody it's the same thing as Pikmin practically, it's like they're the same game, I mean it

whaley fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Sep 19, 2013

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Maybe I just didn't notice but I don't remember very many reviews talking about this game being difficult. It's pretty drat tricky for me to do consistently well in it and I've been playing games where you have to smoke crack to win for a long time. I'm wondering if a lot of the complaints about controls and crap were to cover up the reviewer being horrible at the game and not wanting to admit they spent the entire game picking up consolation prizes and dying 30 times per operation.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

The rumble seems way more extensive on the Gamepad than with a pro controller it feels like. I haven't tested intentionally or anything though. You hit something once and it goes on forever. Also this is the only game I've played that makes the Gamepad feel like a cell phone vibrating.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Yesss I hadn't really given the multi-player a second thought but I got in it the other night with a friend who knows how to play these sorts of games and it was way more fun than I expected. Five good players at once has to be absolutely ignorant

whaley fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 8, 2014

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

CHARACTER ACTION has the be the worst genre name you can possibly come up with. Where did that even come from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

Dayum Fedule

• Locked thread