Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Somebody said nobody would purchase a Wii U for this game, they were wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Is there a limit to Wonderful Rising uses? I find that after I use it once I can't do it again until I break my unite morph

EDIT:

Nevermind i'm dumb. It's B then A like in every other platinum game not B + A

JackDarko fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 14, 2013

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

GonSmithe posted:

Thanks Chip for making the video, it basically made me go into overdrive to actually getting a Wii U (that and Pikmin 3 being out). I picked up my Wii U yesterday and basically downloaded this immediately after I registered it, and I have to say I'm loving it. The difficulty is what you'd expect from Platinum, and I just had so much fun playing it; actual joy.

Can't wait for the full version, even though buying a Wii U, Pikmin 3, this and a few other games in the span of a month is going to make me cry.

If I loved the Wonderful 101 demo will I enjoy Pikmin 3 you think? I've pretty much just got this thing until W101 comes out.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I've played the demo a few times now and I have a few thoughts. I'm having a little trouble with the camera and getting being able to see everything I need to worry about on screen. I'm zoomed out all the way camera wise, but i'm going to try zooming in and see what that does for me. This is the only game that comes to mind for me that I've played that's in this camera style.

Is there really no lock-on in this game? I can see why it wouldn't be neccessary when more often than not you're going to have a lot of enemies on screen but when it's 1 vs 1 i'm having trouble aiming moves like the stinger for the fist.

It also looks like so far only Wonder Red can create a Wonder construct with 100 people.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Reminder: Reviewers whining about controls is good. It means that platinum hasn't watered them down in any way.

Also reviewers complaining about lack of hand holding is a good thing. It is a shame that they don't have access to the online resources that spring up once the game goes public.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Just from the demo alone anybody have advice for pulling off mid-air weapon switch combos? Right now i'm just trying to juggle with the sword switch to the gun and shoot the enemy. Haven't been able to stick the landing.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

SurrealityCheck posted:

Saur loves this game, and is making an awesome series on the system breakdown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdHbPXNJvVE

This is absolutely VITAL stuff if you are interested in having fun with this game's systems imo.

I'm going to go home and practice the weapon unite mix combos. It's exactly what was I asking about earlier in the thread. You don't need to equip or learn any skill to be able to do this right?

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Can someone clarify the validity of the Sales figures? I was reading that the chart went up two days after W101 was released, so it's only two days worth of sales. There were also claims that Nintendo didn't ship that many copies to begin with.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Wow, I had no idea team attack also served as a pseudo lock-on. Fantastic that solves my main issue of not being able to hit consistently with the directional input commands.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Are Stinger, Rising, and Cyclone the only skills unite morphs get? I'm hoping for more variety than that but it's fine in any case.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

I went the entire prologue and first section being really bad at the same, suddenly like magic I was good in the second chapter. I'm even able to change unite morphs mid air combo consistently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

Christ, I think I need to buy a Wii U for this, based on all the gameplay/mechanics videos I've watched.

OK, let's rationalize this... the Wind Waker HD bundle just came out, aaaaand I'll be buying a Wii U anyway when Bayonetta 2 comes out. And Pikmin 3. That's all I've got... drat you Nintendo, you snag one good game on your console...

I bought a Wii U for this game ( don't regret it ) about two weeks before the HD Wind Waker bundle was announced. It's worth it.

• Locked thread