Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Thanks Chip for making the video, it basically made me go into overdrive to actually getting a Wii U (that and Pikmin 3 being out). I picked up my Wii U yesterday and basically downloaded this immediately after I registered it, and I have to say I'm loving it. The difficulty is what you'd expect from Platinum, and I just had so much fun playing it; actual joy.

Can't wait for the full version, even though buying a Wii U, Pikmin 3, this and a few other games in the span of a month is going to make me cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

I almost never can draw the bomb unless I use the touchpad. I don't understand why, but I always get a fist.

Joink posted:

What I do is draw 90% of a circle, let go of right stick then draw a straight line at a sharp angle. Longer the straight line, bigger the bomb. ex. start at 12 o'clock or up, draw a circle clockwise around to 11 o'clock, let go of right stick. Then draw a straight line going in a 10 o'clock direction. make sense?

Yeah, that makes sense. I'll try it out next time.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 27, 2013

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Just beat the game, holy poo poo 009 was loving incredible.

Now, is there a list of the Wonderful ones you have? I want to go out collecting, but I don't want to have to go through a level only to find out I have that one already.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Darke GBF posted:

Unpopular opinion time! This game was drat lucky to get as high as 78 on Metacritic. I think it's a solid 6-6.5, at least what I've seen, and it is definitely not for everyone (or even every action game fan, for that matter).

I just finished operation 6. This game has some interesting ideas, but they're buried under some really annoying mechanics and the badass setpieces just don't overcome the lows for me. Unite Guts is so inconsistent it's almost never worth using (Does it block only blunt attacks? Are gunshots considered blunt? How about Vorkken's tombstone? Turtle head bashes? NOBODY KNOWS! The game doesn't tell you!). I'd be fine with switching to the dodge full time, but it depletes a fair amount of unite gauge, and when you're out you get to attack a bunch to get back to a reasonable level - with lovely attacks because you can't actually use a strong unite morph - or you can wait. A long time. The Vorkken fights are just plain unfun, because his powers are just "much better version of everything you have, and infinite energy to use them and dodge with." Bleh. I concede that I could easily be missing something, since the game really doesn't tell you much about anything.

It's not a terrible game, but it's nowhere near Platinum's usual fare, and the different unite morphs just aren't a proper substitute for button-based combos. To be fair though, I did go into this having played Revengeance recently, so my expectations were really high.

It sounds like you just suck at the game. Every Vorkken fight I did was hard, but nowhere close to unbeatable, and I always had fun fighting him.

The fact you say Unite Guts is useless means you probably have no idea what you're doing.

• Locked thread