Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

BioTech posted:

Had an absolute blast playing the first two levels, but when the first boss fight came I had to give up all frustrated.

When the first Owrochee head goes down, Red screams "UNITE BUILD" the green thing comes up, I put in all of my Wonderful ones and then nothing happens. They stay in the dome for a few seconds while I move and jump around, try to get in, press every button and then come out again. All the while the other head cannot be damaged and keeps spitting flames. Died about 7 times now, because it simply doesn't activate whatever is supposed to happen.

What am I doing wrong?

I had this problem as well, and I had the full team. I'm also pretty certain that this part doesn't activate until you have 100. Turns out one of the dudes wasn't in the wonder-liner for some reason or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

So I'm stuck in a tumbling cylinder blocked by a wall of flame. I have no idea how to progress and I think I've tried every unite morph on every object at this point. Any clues?

Unite Gun at the far end to the right, just shoot a bunch.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

The one morph that I have trouble with is claw. I end up with a whip like 2/3s of the time. Sometimes I'll just use the touchpad.

Funny, because I get the opposite. I would have thought claw was easy because it's two sharp turns but apparently that's the same as the whip??

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but each time you choose to retry a Kakoo-Regah it counts as a game over/death, so it sounds like you retried it three or so times before completing it. As far as I can tell the ranking system works the same way as Bayonetta's, so deaths and missed missions will all lower your score, with each death lowering your overall ranking by one rank. You can opt to not retry, then reenter the Kakoo-Regah and I think that won't count as a death. Of course, it just means you have to wait a long time between retries.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Yeah, gonna add to the 'what am I missing' party here. All the bullet hell parts completely screw with my score and I suspect will be the hardest part for me getting the Platinum Paragon bottle cap.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Fedule posted:

More questions! How come I have all of the Finders Keepers (find all the Kahkoo-Regah in 000-00A) bottlecaps, but not You Can Hole Up, But You Can't Hide (find all the Kahkoo-Regah)?

Pretty sure this is for all Kahkoo-Regah on all difficulties where they appear, so Normal, Hard and Hard 101%

quote:

To receieve the achievement "Operation Annihilation", you must complete every secret mission on Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard, 101% Hard and Operation 101

At least there's only 10 secret missions across the game, and I don't think this includes Kahkoo-Regahs.

I'm really tempted to write a better gamefaq which includes the Hammer spots but I'm still trying to find them all so :shrug:

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

FalseShockWorker posted:

For the super unite morph, you actually have to draw the 100 man morph. If you make a smaller one, then charge it up, it doesn't count. Just in case anyone was still wondering why that bottlecap seemed to unlock randomly.

I just unlocked that bottlecap and didn't draw a 100-person morph. For me, it unlocked when I used Wonder Future (firey hand) for the first time.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

009-A isn't that bad, I just can't tell when I get hit because the bullets kinda blend into everything else, and your bullets look pretty similar as well. Admittedly I still get hit in missions 1 and 2 but as long as you PP the last mission you can get Platinum.

I'm still trying to get my Platinum Paragon, on 009-C as well. I got too annoyed at it so I'm taking a break from it, gotta work through Easy next. I just can't believe there aren't mid-boss checkpoints, why change something that worked so well in their other games?

The Taint Reaper posted:

Infinite Space had none of that.

Kamiya != Platinum Games, when will people get this right?

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Fedule posted:

I know, right? I want the person who did art direction for that place fired. The best part is how they put a Cough-Foon - a ship that fires a bright blue and white laser in a straight line - directly above the one spot on the floor that happens to be a continuous bright blue and white straight line. I got Gold, Platinum, Platinum (missed time limit by one second) and still got the Platinum. Turns out the game's pretty reasonable sometimes.
I originally thought when you heard a mechanical 'pew' sound that meant you'd been hit, but it seems like it just randomly occurs sometimes? Consistent sound cues would be great in a level which is already bullshit.

I mean, my opinion of this game is a little better having revisited it after my Hard play through a year ago, but any shooting parts can go die in a fire(ball).

Fedule posted:

When you say "their other games". do you mean Platinum's or Kamiya's? I ask because I've never actually played one of Kamiya's other games (my only experience of Bayonetta is your LP (which is great btw)). Did Bayonetta have boss checkpoints? I know Revengeance did (Revengeance had its own dumb problem with boss checkpoints but at least it had them) but that wasn't a Kamiya game.

The only other Platinum games I've played are Bayonetta and Revengeance, and they both have boss checkpoints. I swear if Bayonetta 2 doesn't have boss checkpoints I might not bother doing a PP LP of it. :arghfist::(

I'm pretty sure Okami (another Kamiya game) had boss checkpoints as well, but it's not like you had to get good ranks on that game.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Vanrushal posted:

On the topic of Bayonetta and checkpoints, does that game handle them more like Revengeance (please please please) or W101 (hahahahaha :suicide:)? I've been meaning to go back and get better scores and actually make it further than halfway through Hard, and the checkpoint system may end up being the determining factor after having abused the poo poo out of it in Revengeance.

Bayonetta's checkpointing is king in my book. The game will make a checkpoint a little before and after every(most?) fight, so if you screw up by getting hit, it's easy to restart. If you know you're not going to get the platinum requirement for combo you can still restart, as long as the results haven't been displayed yet. You can also manually create checkpoints by using either the Gates of Hell or Alfheims - enter and exit an Alfheim and it creates a checkpoint, making it easy to get a 'clean' results screen (as opposed to retrying in the Alfheim, which counts the damage you get until you complete and exit). For bosses there's checkpoints where you would naturally think they are (example: Fortitudo has checkpoints after you tear off each head), and the only one which is slighly poop is Julibeus, because her first checkpoint is after you finish the ice terrain mode.

Basically, if you know how Bayonetta's checkpoints work, it's really easy for anyone to get Pure Platinum, on all difficulties.

Honestly, for W101, the checkpointing is good as well except for boss fights. I really don't understand why they didn't (or maybe they couldn't?) have mid boss checkpoints.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Does anyone have the 'Mind if I Borrow That?' bottle cap? Is it just forcing enemies to drop their weapon or do you actually have to use it?

Also, I'm only nine bottle caps away from 100%, yay! Just gotta finish all the kahkoo regahs on all difficulties and finish Operation 101 :sigh:

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Haha, I just did that one yesterday. I think I spent up to 40 minutes on it, and yeah, I had the same gripes about it. Most important thing to note about that one is that if you kill the little guys then the next wave will spawn, so try not to kill them before you're done with the bigger dudes, otherwise you'll get your poo poo kicked in.

My strategy was: use Hero Time to get slowdown (very easy with spiked enemies, just dodge close to the spikes), then use the biggest UWhip you can use to strip the armour. I tend to wait for them to use the ball attack, get Hero Time, then stun them with a big UWhip. I also use that custom block that lets you get bigger morphs by holding down the attack button as it's faster than redrawing. I didn't have any problems with the morph limit, so don't worry too much about it. Once you get rid of the armour you can deal with the enemies as usual. I use a lot of UGun stinger at that point as it's easier than having to use the Geathjeark weapons. Other than that, good luck.

There's this video that might help as well, but it's a slightly different strategy that uses Hero Sense. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMttMxdsFHE

e: also, you can get Hero Time off the spiked balls the tanks shoot in the same way that dodging closed to spiked enemies will, so you can create openings to strip their armour that way as well.

yoshesque fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 11, 2014

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Dodge offset is a thing in this game, it just doesn't mean much because each weapon only has one combo string. It works the same way as it does in Bayonetta in that you dodge to offset the combo, blocking will just reset the combo. The skill in this game comes from knowing when to dodge/block, not memorising combos or using dodge offset.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Nope, no way of knowing, unless you kept track since starting. Just grind a short chapter like the Vestibule a lot and hope that it pops eventually. Assuming you've played through on Normal, Hard and NSIC then you're just a little under halfway there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Unless the lower rank is also a Platinum award, no.

• Locked thread