Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hook
Jun 3, 2011

red knight
I ended up buying a Wii U a little earlier than I planned thanks to this demo being released. I've played through several times now and it's still great. It's good to feel like I'm improving on subsequent runs, too. Any word on how many difficulty levels there will be in the final version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hook
Jun 3, 2011

red knight
Played through the demo again recently and I'm still really impressed with it. Did some exploring and found several collectibles as well as a fourth Wonderful One. Does anyone know if you can rescue the citizens calling for help on top of the burning building just before the end of the demo? I tried everything I could to get over there, including the glider, but it seems pretty solidly blocked off.

I also answered my own question about how many difficulty levels there are by looking at the bottlecaps. Seems there are two unlockable difficulties beyond normal.

Hook
Jun 3, 2011

red knight

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

While I haven't played the demo, I wouldn't bet on that. Platinum games usually have five modes - easy, normal, hard, very hard, and SUPER EXTRA SPECIAL GIMMICK MEGA HARD difficulty.

That's what I was thinking, but the bottlecap 'achievements' are grouped by type and there are only two difficulty related ones beyond normal - beating it on hard and beating it on ??? difficulty. The difficulty selection screen only has two extra spaces, too. I'd love a sixth WONDER-DIFFICULT mode, of course, but if the demo is indicative of the final game there are only five.

Hook
Jun 3, 2011

red knight
I've played through 006A so far and I'm in love with this game. It feels like a good example of the benefits of having a simple (or rather, not hyper realistic) style. I've only had slowdown in a couple parts when fighting a particular type of enemy, and even that only came about due to team attacking and having several unite morphs out at the same time.

I only have a couple complaints. My major gripe is with the camera when in gamepad rooms. It's awful, even after fixing it with the right bumper. Generally just an annoyance but one segment in 006A was made much more frustrating. It's kind of disappointing because I think puzzles that have you react to both screens is an actual interesting use of the gamepad. Second complaint (that I expected but is still disappointing) is every time a new main female character has been introduced I get to roll my eyes at the fixation on how sexy she is.

Everything is great otherwise. Well, except that I've been getting more consolation prizes than I think I deserve, but that's my own fault for dying while trying to puzzle through encounters or taking too long to catch on to an enemy's weakness. This game is seriously fun and the set pieces are a blast.

Does anyone know if there is a way to view the various Wonders' intro/stat screens or character models outside the initial recruitment? I feel like I've tried everything on the game pad and in the menu. Hopefully I'm just being dumb.

Hook
Jun 3, 2011

red knight

Regy Rusty posted:

Going through the gallery now that I've beaten the game, and I am unreasonably annoyed that Wonder Sailor's description inaccurately describes him as the oldest Wonderful One. Both Wonder Professor and Wonder Clockwork are older than him.

But seriously all these descriptions are great. They put so much care into designing these little guys who you mostly don't see much of during the game.

I noticed that error as well. I don't have all the Wonderful Ones yet, but I think the oldest one I've seen so far is Wonder-Bonsai at 83 years old. I'm really happy about all the little details they put into the heroes. The other day I was using Wonder-Zombie as a leader and found he has a limping animation instead of the standard run, which they could have easily skipped but I love that they took the time to add it.

I wish more games had model viewers. I really like being able to appreciate the character and enemy designs at length (though it seems they left out Wonder-Blue's dog transformation. At least they have concept art for it!).

• Locked thread