Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Really amped for this game, I mean at this point I'd buy a wet turd with Hideki Kamiya's name on it, but this legit looks like a super clever, fun, game. The demo is wonderful to give you a taste of most all of it and make you really want to see the more advanced poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Regy Rusty posted:

This is gonna be my first Platinum game (aside from Okami if that counts). From what I know about the others' difficulty, I'm a bit intimidated. I don't think I'll be getting Pure Platinums any time soon.

But hey at least I've got a month to practice if I want. The demo was really awesome.

As already said watch the Chip playthrough, dude knows the demo well. Beyond that most Platinum games have a fairly gentle (to me at least) curve. poo poo gets crazy but you're eased into it. You start small and build up, as long as you pay attention you should be fine.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea it's kinda an annoying newbie trap to make it possible to skip buying the dodge for some reason, not a huge flaw but it isn't the best.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea Platinum is the master of 'we'll at least break enough above even to justify ourselves'.

• Locked thread