Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Dodge-canceling makes the turtles much less frustrating to fight and makes the hammer much easier to effectively use before you get its special moves since your combo (and the size of your unite morph) is maintained after the dodge. And I would actually recommend staying between the two turtles, or at least as close as you can, since they'll use their stomps more often. That stretchy neck attack is really aggravating when it comes out of nowhere offscreen, so don't let them get offscreen (this applies to all enemies)! You can Unite Guts their stomps, as mentioned, but I'm pretty sure you can't block the two-foot one, so just stay out of the way. Also don't forget that you're completely immune to any fire damage with Unite Hand out, even if the flames aren't necessarily hitting the hand. Also also do you have the Unite Charge custom block? You should get Unite Charge.

The turtles were my most hated enemy early on, too. You will get better!

(post-game spoilers) Whoever decided to make you find the kahkoo-regahs and secret missions on every difficulty is a butt. I thought I was so close to getting Vorkken and Immorta :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I need an LP of this game just so I can find out how to rescue the Wonderful One on the burning building in level 1.

You're completely immune to fire as long as Wonder Fist is out.

But yeah echoing everyone else in that this game's difficulty curve is really steep. But you'll get better! I died on the first mission and felt kinda lousy and then proceeded to get mostly bronzes and consolation prizes on Normal, but going through the game again on Hard got me mostly golds and platinums.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I wish doing that locked you to consolation prizes until you unlocked them the right way

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Peewi posted:

For some reason the Kahkoo-Regah doesn't count for the bottlecap.

You can cheese the bottlecap, though. Do the fight on very easy and never stop punching. On the higher difficulties it'll counter you if you try, but on very easy you can just keep punching and slowly whittle it down with zero risk.

Just fyi, if you do this you are a huge baby. The kahkoo regah in question is also the best one in the game

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

[Posting here instead of the WiiU thread]

I think part of my frustration with W101 last night was that I couldn't block the Scorpion thing's tail attacks. I watched Chip Cheezum's demo playthrough before I went to bed though, and he mentioned that the guts can't block everything, so maybe that's what it was.

Scorpions have pointy tails. Pudding can't block pointy things

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

Thanks for the tips! People had said in the WiiU thread that the game doesn't explain too much in the way of the mechanics. It kind of does and kind of doesn't, but I think it's helpful to watch someone good playing it to see what can be done.

On that note, how do you juggle enemies? Do they have to be dazed first?

Changing weapons in midair and midcombo is the big thing. Also, for the pro juggler, some enemies fall slower than the Tombstone so you can use that to quickly hit the ground and reset your jumps and combos.

And yeah, the game definitely has a weird internal logic, but once you finally get it, you're golden

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

It doesn't. :(

If you beat all three versions of that kahkoo regah, the actual fight should be a cakewalk. I believe in you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The only glitchy problem I ever had was an enemy getting stuck on part of the level and somehow becoming invincible thanks to that, but I got it unstuck after some fiddling and all was wonderful

• Locked thread