Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
I've had a lot of fun with the demo. Took me a bit to get my bearings but once I had the hang of the gameplay I really enjoyed it. Multiplayer missions are a lot of fun too, with multiple squads of heroes tearing poo poo up.

I hope this does well for Platinum. They've made a lot of great games without really having a breakout sales hit outside of Bayonetta. I think this is, aesthetically at least with the bold, colourful superhero look, their most accessible title yet. It's hindered by the small userbase of the Wii U but I think it could do okay with what's there anyway if Nintendo gives it the right push.

Either way, I'm really looking forward to getting the full release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
The Iwata Asks: The Wonderful 101 is now available in English.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Reviews are rolling in. Sounds good, even though some people seem to be having niggles with the controls.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

This game :allears:

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Teenage Fansub posted:

How do you throw away enemy weapons? I'm meant to go in an indoor area and this massive whip I'm holding is preventing me from moving.

Jiggle the left stick about.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Yeah, I expected it to do poorly, but not really that poorly. I guess it makes sense, though: pair a historically poor selling developer with a poor selling console and you're not going to move many units. Shame, because the game really is fantastic.

Another in the long line of Clover/Platinum cult classics, I guess.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

bushisms.txt posted:

Has any Platinum game not named Metal Gear been a sales hit? I mean Bayonetta is their most revered title, and no one wanted to fund a sequel.

Bayonetta wasn't a massive hit, but it performed adequately. The only reason the sequel was canned before Nintendo picked it back up was because of Sega's own internal refocus on Sonic/digital.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Der Shovel posted:

I realize this is shameful, but I am stuck way early in the game. Shortly after you get the wonder gun, there's a part where you run into a building and need to open the next door to progress. You have to pick up the battery with the gun, throw it into the receiver and then ... something. If I shoot the huge baseball, it gets launched at me. I thought maybe I could catch it with the gun, but it doesn't seem to be working. Am I missing something or just doing it wrong?

(and if you're not playing The Wonderful 101 and the above seems like complete nonsense, well... welcome to The Wonderful 101!)

Shoot the baseball when the spinner on the top screen is on the larger areas

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Spite posted:

Anyone have a good strategy against the turtle enemies? I can't kill them quickly, it takes forever to break their armor. If you reflect a stomp they reel back and expose their belly, but I'm not sure what to do there.

After you reflect the stomp, a few punches will knock them on their back during which you can lay in.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
It's a big, dumb Power Rangers story, not a character study. The cast are basic stereotypes because that's as much characterisation as they need to facilitate their jokes and interplay, and push the narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
The joke of Wonder White isn't even that he's a stereotypical Asian dude reeling off Confucian poverbs. The joke is that he doesn't shut up. Dude has like a hundred of these things and he wants to squeeze them all in before the other characters can shut him up and get back to business.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I know reviewers are ultimate scum and whatever but how is the camera? There's one thing that persists and it's "I get hit by off screen stuff ALL THE TIME" and wondering how legit that is. So hyped for this on sunday :woop:

There were a couple of times I got hit by poo poo off screen and was kind of frustrated by it but it didn't ruin the experience and even in the times it did happen I figure I'dve been able to pick up on the sound cues the enemies that got me usually make if I didn't suck act action games.

• Locked thread