Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL
Wonder Yellow truly is the greatest. I wish it was easier to bring him and his hammer out on the fly, though. It's a slightly more complex drawing than the others so I mess it up a lot, or I accidentally get the whip somehow, or underestimate how big I'm drawing and run out of guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL

gannyGrabber posted:

Has anyone figured out how to draw white/black, or are they not in the demo? I need to go back and figure out yellow...

Black and White aren't in the demo, unless they're super hidden. Some people have been saying you just play around with drawing their morphs to unlock Pink and Yellow, but you have to recruit them from the mission hub first with the wonder-liner. They're invisible in the top left and right respectively. Black and White don't show up to be recruited.

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL
Obviously what he was saying was that game reviews don't matter to how good the game is, but do matter to how it sells.

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL
The Wonderful 101 is a really good game even though some parts in the middlish (particularly around operation 004) made me mad. The ending was really good but I'm really scared about the prospect of going for high scores and platinums. Ok those are my thoughts on the video game.

e: actually also is there anywhere online I can find a high resolution version of that fuckhuge image at the very end of the game? You know the one.

Raizor fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Sep 19, 2013

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL

Chip Cheezum posted:

So I just found out that while Unite Bomb never gains any skills, the inputs for the skills the other Unite Morphs get still do things. Wonderful Stinger makes you throw the bomb further ahead of you, Wonderful Rising makes you throw the bomb upwards into the air, and Wonderful Cyclone makes you throw multiple bombs all around you.

Oh, I suppose that makes sense. I was kind of confused about why sometimes I'd throw out an assload of bombs, I thought it might have been my drawing size.

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL
Does anybody have any tips for getting Platinum against the boss in I think Operation 005? The lava stage?

I can do everything I need to do at least semi-reliably except the parts of the boxing battle where the robot backs off, shows you what moves he's going to do, then comes in and does them. I can keep track of what he'll do, but it doesn't seem like I can dodge fast enough. I'll dodge the first attack and get hit by the second one before I can dodge again. Guarding only works against so many hits, unless I can do something like he can where he punishes you for attacking his guard enough times

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL
I've been trying to get Pure Platinum on the Operation 005 boss for the past few days on and off in between scouring levels for the last few Wonderful Ones, as I alluded to like four posts and several days ago. Jesus christ. I can get the combo score down no problem, I virtually never don't get platinum there, but figuring out how to not get hit in that fight alone has taken most of these few days, setting aside actually being able to execute it. And I only just managed to get a platinum in time on my most recent attempt by less than ten seconds, so I just know whenever I finally manage to do it without taking a hit I'm going to be like a second over time. Just trying this one guy and trying to get good at this one mechanic is really addicting.

It's not relevant to the boss I'm working on (I think) but I'd been really tepid about using Hero Sense the entire time I played through the game for the first time. The function seemed really nice but the description saying it consumed a lot of my gauge made me decide against it on my first playthrough, maybe I should give it a fair shake once I move on to other levels. I had this same relationship with Unite Camp because I had no idea it instantly refilled your gauge and then overcharged you, so I probably should try out more of the things.

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL
If all you want is the bottlecap and not the pure platinum, I'm pretty sure the kahkoo-regah in the epilogue on normal difficulty will count. It's a fight against the 005 boss without any of the stuff that comes before or after it. You can't take any damage as a condition for the mission, but being contained within a level will probably make the checkpoints more forgiving.

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL
I loved the Vorkken fights. They were a really clear indicator of how much better I'd become every subsequent encounter. I had so much trouble on the first one, but by the time I got to the last one, while I wasn't getting Platinums or anything, it felt much more even, even though he had more options than me.

Dunban posted:

:staredog:

Where/how did you get that?

It must just be a level up thing, because I got it eventually just playing on normal and not on 101% or anything. Not during my main playthrough, but at some point while replaying for platinums. It does use it's own shape to draw, but if you use the charge block and hold A to power up your unite morphs with the gun, that's the end result. At least so far.

e: how the gently caress do you not get hit in the beginning of 009-B

Raizor fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Sep 25, 2013

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL
Their weapon translates to their unite morph, it isn't a unique attack. Gun users all use the same unite gun, but if that thing with Wonder-Medicine is true, then their unite gun shots would be what causes that effect.

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL
I'm pretty sure you need to do a little more than a quarter of a circle for a hammer. "Fighting game inputs" is simplifying it a little, considering the size of the morph and the direction you draw in are highly important things to take into consideration when it counts.

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL
The loading times are kind of long, that's why they give you the enemies to mess around with before every stage. I do wish the enemies you could find in there were diversified a bit though, there's not much you can really practice against little dough-goos, I usually end up using tombstone and demolishing them all at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL

The Moon Monster posted:

For some reason the description says you can use it when you take a "fatal" hit but really it can be used for any hit that knocks you around.

Every hit is fatal if you're going for them Pure Plats, which you totally should.

And yeah there isn't really inconsequential nicking and chip damage, just about every hit that doesn't flatten you knocks you back. Your health bar flashes in an alarming fashion if some of your squad get knocked down I think, but it doesn't actually affect your health.

• Locked thread