Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Has anyone beat 001-C already? I'm stuck and can't figure out what to do.

One of the heads is down and I can use Unite Build to do..something with it, but it doesn't really seem to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah you're just supposed to unite build. That part was kind of finicky for me too. Just keep throwing all your guys at it and it should work eventually. You might also have to have the leader walk into it to trigger it or something, I'm not really sure.

I'm trying that, but nothing happens. Do I need more guys? If so, how do I get them? Can I inflict damage on the other head?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Alright, I figured it out.

I did have to keep attacking the other head, eventually he dropped another ball containing more civilians, that gave me enough guys to complete the Unite Build.

Only got a consolation prize for that mission :gbsmith:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

charismaslover posted:

Anyone have any tips for the Vorkken fights?

Block his Hand and Hammer attacks with Guts, this stuns him and gives you a short window during which you can use your own heavy hitters.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Ugh, 006-B. Got my first consolation prize in a while.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So uh, I came in here to see how people are enjoying the game and saw this.

This isn't a spoiler right? :(

Like if it's early on that's fine but I don't want the goofy final boss message spoiled, it takes all the charm of it popping up away.

It is in fact a spoiler.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Unite Hammer is your friend.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
loving hell. Reading poo poo like those "reviews" makes me legitimately angry, even though it shouldn't.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Midee posted:

I haven't played the game so maybe I'm missing some context here, but what is the point exactly?

The game doesn't take itself very seriously. Basically everything is turned up to 11 and purposely exaggerated.

Anyone who's honestly offended by the characters is a goddamn idiot.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I know reviewers are ultimate scum and whatever but how is the camera? There's one thing that persists and it's "I get hit by off screen stuff ALL THE TIME" and wondering how legit that is. So hyped for this on sunday :woop:

You can zoom in and out, but you can't rotate it.

When you've zoomed out as much as possible (which I recommend), you should have a good view of the battlefield. If you do get hit by something from off screen, it's your fault for letting an enemy get off screen in the first place. You have to know where all the enemies are at all times so you can react to their attacks (which they always clearly telegraph).

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know, does it really count as it being their destiny to save games when everyone who wants it goes "Well, I'll buy it later?" Ain't really their fault but I doubt we're gonna see a W102 when even the people who have a Wii U and want the game are going "I'll wait for it to be on sale."

Everyone?

I bought a Wii U for it. I know plenty of others who've done the same and quite a few who already own a Wii U and are really looking forward to the game's US release.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

The Moon Monster posted:

So I'm stuck in a tumbling cylinder blocked by a wall of flame. I have no idea how to progress and I think I've tried every unite morph on every object at this point. Any clues?

What operation / mission is that?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Are you sure you need 10 different Morphs instead of just doing Hand -> Sword -> Hand -> Sword etc?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Where did you find him?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
:staredog:

Where/how did you get that?

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The game slows down to a crawl when you start drawing, so the 'in the heat of battle' argument doesn't really apply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I actually found them to be the easiest enemies in the game. Five hits or so with a full-size Hammer should be enough to kill them.

As you said, they always show up in pairs, so you need to make sure you're never in between them. Then it's just a matter of watching their attack animations to get a feeling for when you can attack.

• Locked thread