Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Yes I know they developed it, but it doesn't really have their unique style to it. Theres no deep action gameplay, no silly over the top story, no pummel duels. And is a platinum without pummel duels really a platinum game at all?

They actually didn't develop Infinite Space. It was made by Nudemaker; Platinum pretty much just got it published.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I was going to tweet Kamiya and ask which Wonder power he'd have, sounds like he's actually in the game though so who knew that would be a spoiler.

Also curiosity is killing me on who this mysterious cameo character is that was adopted for the franchise. Uses guns but in this game is a fist fighter, and has his/her own unique drawing and unite morph exclusive to it.

Someone else found this in the Wonderful 101 digital manual.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
It sounds like Nintendo was responsible for turning down the Nintendo all-stars concept for the game, but yeah, that is a good point. I'm sure Kamiya would have rather seen this game do better, but if sales were that important to him and Platinum Games, I think the game would have been made to be a lot more accessible.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
I feel like Metal Gear Rising already kind of did that. Normal mode was pretty easy, and hard mode had a good level of difficulty for action game fans.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

People have said it before, but in addition to the obvious positive qualities the game actually also has pretty drat good writing- did Platinum write this in English first or something or is it just a masterful localization job? I seem to remember English being the "first" language in some of their other games.

Even in their games that only have English voice tracks, the scripts were written in Japanese first. This is true for a lot of seemingly "English-first" games like Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, and Platinum's previous works at Capcom like Viewtiful Joe and God Hand. Platinum just has a great localization team.

• Locked thread