Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I'd keep an eye out on Platinum Games' Podcast. They usually make all sorts of videos about their games, from gameplay insights over developer commentaries to interviews. I'm guessing we'll see some videos about W101 in the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
So according to the blog, you can use Bayonetta's Witchtime and Rising's Parry Counter. This is everything Kamiya rolled into one.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
That Iwata Asks made me grin hard. It's really interesting to see the relationship between Nintendo and Platinum, I hope we'll get much more from that. I can't wait to see how Bayonetta 2 turned out, what with the supervision by Nintendo.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
This game is absolutely amazing. It's super-challenging, (gently caress you, Vorrken) but ultimately fair and awfully fun. I recently got Wonder Black and although I'm having issues integrating him in my combos, mixing up unite morphs is tons of fun.

Is there anything beyond damaging opponents to level up your teammates? I've beaten the forth boss mostly with Unite Gun and I still haven't unlocked Rising for it.

Edit: If anyone thinks the spiky armor dudes take too long to disarm, use a bigger whip, you can rid it with a couple hits if it's big enough. Unite Charge really helps out in this case.

Also, I'm having trouble effectively fighting the turtle monsters. I understand you can block their stomp and knock them over, but the geathjerk file mentions their tail being their weakpoint, and while it looks like I could use Unite Whip on it, it's not doing anything.Am I missing something?

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Sep 8, 2013

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Spite posted:

Use the bigger morphs anytime you can, they do waaaay more damage. Hero time also makes a huge difference. Don't forget the X button unite attacks either (though the usefulness of those depends on the enemy).

Vorkken isn't that bad once you get the tells down - stay away from him unless he's using hammer or punch, then counterattack with the biggest fist/punch you can make.
When he guards, run away since he'll use a sword cyclone which has crazy range.

Are there counters to the claw?

You can counter the claw with claw, actually. When you attack along with him, you both negate the damage. I'm really mad that Vorrken's Guts is way more effective, not even sword can break it.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
How does the Hero Counter work? I've accidentally did it once, but I just can't seem to figure out the timeing. It's just flicking the stick in the direction of the enemy just as he's about to hit, right?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

quote:

the only East Asian endlessly delivers Confucian sayings through a thick accent.
Right, the Japanese studio with the Japanese publisher makes an offensive Japanese character.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
This is the best anything ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
What to do with Target's "Buy 2, get 1 free"-Promotion: