Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

So in the part where you're holding the shield and the tankers are falling from above, are you just supposed to memorise where they're going to fall? There doesn't seem to be enough time to react, and I don't see shadows on the ground to warn you where they're going to fall or anything. Am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Using the jello dizzies enemies, which allows for launching them, and air combos give more combo points. So yeah, I'd say it's just like MGR where you want to be parrying/blocking attacks unless it's one of the types you can't block.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

I just got as far as Wonder Pink joining. Getting a lot of "consolation prize" ranks, drat this is hard. It's fun and the story is enjoyably cheesy, but I think going for pure platinums in this game is going to be an exercise in frustration. Attacks from offscreen with no warning, and an unchangeable camera angle, these are not a good combination.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Okay, I'm at the part where the giant robot attacks for the second time and you have to run from it. I got through the part where you run through the interior of the building as it tilts over, then the robot throws it. I land on a small platform, the game prompts me to do a wonder-jump to another small platform, then... I have no loving clue what to do next. I have a few seconds before the platform falls, the little robot thing is projecting an arrow which usually means create a wonder-liner bridge to somewhere, but I've tried doing that in every direction and nothing works. Anyone figured out this part?

Edit: nevermind I'm dumb, I completely forgot about the glider

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 23, 2013

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

Bland posted:

I can't help but feel I'm missing something with some of the enemies in this game. The big spiked robots for example, take forever to remove the armor from with the whip, which always destroys my ranking no matter how well I do in the other aspects.

Yeah I have the same problem, I've tried using a bigger whip or multiple whips at once, but neither seem to make any difference.

• Locked thread