Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?
I maintain that you aren't truly having fun with the demo unless you're using Wonder-Beer as the Red/Fist leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?

Bland posted:

I can't help but feel I'm missing something with some of the enemies in this game. The big spiked robots for example, take forever to remove the armor from with the whip, which always destroys my ranking no matter how well I do in the other aspects. And the big blob monster, I just can't read the timing of it's attacks, probably because it's hard to read the tells of a blob of jelly. Are there tricks to fighting these or something because if there are they don't seem particularly intuitive.

Heh you're not alone there, I've gotten up to recruiting Wonder White and it still takes me forever to whip off those spiky dudes armour. I don't know if Unite size has anything to do with it, but I can never avoid the blob's 360 harpoon attack either, it's just way too quick for me to notice.

Eitherway I'm having fuuuuuuun.

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?
Holy poo poo, I love this game and all but how the hell did the "Vorkken's Insides" level get past playtesting? Constant ridiculously hard jumps which you can barely reach, defending against unlimited waves of those drat drills while jumping between platforms (which WILL always hit you and gently caress you around), constantly falling off between jumps since it's too hard to see your leader with your group and the camera perspective.

And it just keeps going ooooooonnnnnnn and oooooonnnnnnnn split up with fighting segments of the slowest and most annoying to deal with pairs of enemies (Maybe I'm just tired, but two of those spiked hoedowns gave me way too much trouble for being this far in the game).

Lastly on a certain boss battle: How are you actually supposed to properly fight Vorkken anyway? I can guts block his fist and hammer attack, and know to spring away after he uses Guts to dodge the sword attack. But everything else is too quick to spring away from and guts won't block because they're all sharp attacks. I'm too much of a scrub to use Ukemi, and I don't quite have Hero Sense yet.

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?

The Wicked Wall posted:

I just did both the bits you mentioned in my most recent session, so I feel your pain. The drills can be dealt with using Unify Naginata as it deflects them and if you do a giant one midair you can just spam it to advance and take them all out in one go as they actually are just looping around.

I probably should've made a giant one, it just seems a shame you can't constantly keep it spinning. Like in between the short one or two seconds when your last attack stops and your next one spins up, a single drill gets through and it's a nightmare to gather your dudes again to set up a defence.

Also here's a general question; Does anyone know what happens when you rank up your heroes? Quite a lot of mine have filled out experience bars now (Some even have a little star badge on their portrait?) but I haven't noticed anything new besides the rare new fighting moves (Wonderful Rising etc) and extended life gauge.

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?
Oh my christ... I just finished the game, and this had to be the most extravagant amazing ending I've ever seen. :allears:

Dat button mashing segment! I had to tag team with my wife after fighting the final boss for so long, and it was funny seeing the camera cut to the characters doing exactly the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Slash
Feb 20, 2006

You rang ?

Jut posted:

Blah, I bought this today and after dying on 001, just said 'gently caress this' and turned it off.
The controls are unintuitive and poo poo. Plain and simple.
The first thing was during the tutorial part when I was asked to draw a circle with R. I rotated the stick then mashed A. 'BARP! Try again', I tried again and again and again before realising no, I don't rotate the pad but draw a large slow circle, which sometimes works or sometimes doesn't.

Jut posted:

Moving from buttons to screen then back to buttons AND averting my gaze is even worse...
It could be fixed by letting you remap the 'finish drawing button' to R trigger, but only facebuttons can be remapped.
Just had a look at some reviews and even some of the good reviews are pointing out control issues. Looks like plat needed a little more playtesting and polish.
Is the drawing to select weapons even necessary for the gameplay? would a button press have done the trick instead?

Oh come on you have to be trolling, or you're simply just not cut out for video games, old bean. You draw a circle, it turns red, you press A, THAT'S IT; You don't mash the face buttons, you can even just draw the shape with your finger on the touchpad then press A when done.

HOWEVER, I will state that the game does actually have some control issues. Namely when you buy the 'Attack Liner' upgrade it seems to block and slow down the wonder liner sometimes when you draw it through enemies, and even spazzes out sometimes stopping the final shape. And some of the 'Unite Draw!' segments of the game are quite finicky with the shape. I know the game had a problem once with registering Whip being drawn, and again with Boomerang and Platinum.

• Locked thread