Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I love this game, though I can't seem to get it down nearly as quickly as I did Revengeance. I guess part of it is the timing is trickier: you manage to get a big Unite ready to go, only to get your rear end blindsided by another enemy before you can land the hit, which causes a huge setback. By the time you gather up your dudes, it's probably going to happen again before you can land a big hit.

I do got a couple beefs with the game tho. Mainly that, as fun and cinematic as they are, all the alt-gameplay sections, especially the space shooter ones, just aren't as fun as the main game, yet they're still really hard, and you're still penalized just like if you massively hosed up in combat if you make a mistake during any of them. Add to that the fact that the many upgrades you can buy don't improve your odds in those sections at all, and it can get really frustrating. Sorry, your pure platinum run is hosed because you got hit a bunch and died during this gimmicky space shooter section that we didn't work on nearly as much as the main game!

It's also really lame that failing a Kahkoo-Regah section counts as a death on the stage's final score. I'm all for punishing difficulty, but god drat if it doesn't feel unfair when all you did was fail a "take zero damage" punch-out secret challenge a few times and you get a consolation prize at the end of your platinum run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I really wish there was a way to reload from checkpoints so I could get the "Punch-out!" bottle cap without redoing the entire stage leading up to the fight.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

I think there's a hidden challenge stage somewhere where it's just the Punch-Out fight so you can try it over and over again as many times as you want. Don't remember if it actually counts for the challenge or not, may be misremembering.

It doesn't. :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Just unlocked the Wonder Big morph. I didn't expect this game to have any more awesome surprises, yet it does!

• Locked thread