Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006
[Insert good English here]

odiv posted:

Speaking of email...

There's a plan fermenting to import the contents of all PST files on the network to our records management system and then have the contents be up for deletion after a year if they're not dealt with.

I don't know what the right way to go about this is, but I feel like even with a bunch of CYA documentation/emails we're going to have some very angry, important people in a year.

That sounds awfully square-peg/round-hole. Do you have a message archiving appliance that can import those PSTs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006

notwithoutmyanus posted:

We're replacing things with emergency stock on hand. Is this a q4 thing?

This isn't normal, is it? Please tell me no.

Does your fiscal year start Jan 1? Do you have bonuses based on being at or under budget?

You might be able to sneak around that by ordering equipment this month using Net 30 terms, that way your accounting group won't touch it until January (and the new budget :10bux:).

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006

Samizdata posted:

Happy New Years all of you. May the on call hellphone stay silent, and may all of those who want to :yotj: get to :yotj: with a minimum of hassle.

You bastard. Just got a password reset call.

Eh, that's alright. I got promoted to IT Manager and I'm just a few days away from a short vacation.

Happy 2017, noble soldiers!

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006

Paladine_PSoT posted:

A toddler came in.

Ran up, threw her water glass on the table, jumped into a chair, and intentionally knocked over the water glass. There are now several laptops drying out in my home office next to one very, very grounded little girl.

Did she at least submit a change request before everything went all soggy?

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006

Aunt Beth posted:

Oh so you were Track-It's other customer! Now it's just us I guess :gbsmith:

BMC will tell you they can migrate from Track-It to Footprints.

They can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Dudeguy
Sep 17, 2006

MrMojok posted:

We have an HP Procurve 2510G at a site we are going to replace. We want to get pretty much the same thing but it looks like the procurve series is no longer available, unless you want to get a refurbished one. Now I guess it's "aruba"?

I was wondering if it's just a rebrand and the management aspect/quality of it is the same, or if there are some "gotchas" with using whatever their comparable switch is now.

Just a rebrand. If you're lucky, some of your existing HPE/Procurve switches will get internally re-branded when you update to the latest firmware.

Scared the poo poo out of me the first time I saw it happen.

• Locked thread