Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Superdawg
Jan 28, 2009

Lord Dudeguy posted:

That poo poo has got to be in California-bucks. I'm in Southeast New England and you're lucky to see a VCP get $70,000 around here.

I hope you're not considering RI as part of that 'Southeast New England'. Their rates are considerably lower compared to Boston.

My contribution (we use google apps for email):

"It seems as though once again all the items in my deleted folder are
disappearing. I only have deleted emails back to June 20th. Please
restore the deleted items and change the setting that deletes my email.

thanks."

As you see, it is stated "once again". Since we had this same conversation 6 months earlier. You see, this users uses the "DELETE" button as their "archive" button, because they prefer the 1-click operation in Outlook to get it out of their inbox. His argument is "Everyone I know does this, and I've been doing it for two decades".

ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superdawg
Jan 28, 2009

toe shoes posted:

Turn on keyboard shortcuts and 'e' will archive for them. This does rely on the user being able to learn something or you being able to get in there and create a custom binding to archive on press of delete though.

fake edit: This thread moves too fast and I'm getting dizzy trying to follow it.

I wound up writing a macro that moved the message(s) to another folder and giving it a pig icon.

This was from one of our executives who told me to make this 'fix' my top priority over all other projects I had on my list.

Superdawg
Jan 28, 2009
A ticket came in...

[JIRA] Created: (IT-1103) Be a Rockstar on Facebook

Now I have an excuse to hang around on facebook all day. :)

(This is actually an issue with our email-to-ticket configuration on the IT queue that I need to fix, but isn't high enough priority to actually care yet)

Superdawg
Jan 28, 2009

Dick Trauma posted:

I decided to finally get an SSD for my home machine but encountered some weirdness after cloning to it. I posted this in the SSD thread but it doesn't get much traffic and there's plenty of smart people here:

I have a weird problem. I bought a Samsung 840 Pro 256 gig drive. I'm using the free Easeus 6.0 backup to clone my old drive to the new one. The old drive has three partitions: System Recovery (100 megs), Main Drive (900 gigs) and manufacturer restore (10 gigs.)

After cloning disk to disk from old to new the manufacture restore is still 10 gigs, but the System Recovery partition ballooned to 5 gigs and the main drive takes what's left. System boots fast but it's annoying to see so much wasted space.

Booted off the old drive, cleared off the SSD partitions and manually cloned the partitions one at a time. Sizes were then correct, but it was skipped in the boot sequence in favor of the old drive. I noticed that the SSD main partition wasn't active so I activated it and now my system attempts to boot from it but I get a message that the boot manager is missing.

Should I just be using a Windows repair CD to fixmbr and fixbot this thing, or is there some other issue with how I cloned via partitions?

I used AOMEI Partition Assistant and had pretty good success.

http://download.cnet.com/AOMEI-Partition-Assistant-Standard-Edition/3000-18512_4-75118871.html

• Locked thread