Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That may be what it's 'named' now but if you actually call it that to the face of anyone who lives in that city, I hope you own a good pair of running shoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:stonklol:
This can only end well.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

This is like the third thread I follow that has been derailed by arguments about clothing, what the gently caress?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Billy the Mountain posted:

8 days and counting until Zenith deletes all BDR cloud backups.

Apparently more than half the clients in the world have yet to be notified.

Since there are no more employees of Zenith Infotech, those clients won't be notified. Apparently they fired all of their support staff worldwide via an email 2 weeks ago.

The owner absconded with over 60 million dollars in cash.

Good times.

To quote a wise man, the suspense is killing me. I hope it will last. :suspense:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Renegret posted:

Of all the poo poo stories of poo poo things happening, for some reason this one bothers me the most.

Putting up with poo poo from others is one thing, but having your personal poo poo appropriated crosses a line.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I kinda wonder what has happened to Tony following Trauma's :yotj: out of there.

I can only pray he was frog marched out of the building when he broke something else and didn't have anyone left to shift blame to, but wish in one hand, crap in the other...

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Mar 15, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Y'all can gaze into a mans' distended anus but a spiky codpiece puts you off your lunch?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

He's not doing his job. Talk to your manager.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

:shepface: I need to go outside more often.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I can't help but read that paragraph in George Carlin's voice. That's fantastic.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I saw this and immediately thought of all you guys.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

God drat, is he a toddler throwing a tantrum?

Ticket closed: User made to stand in time-out corner

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

"It was working fine this morning?"

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

For the love of God, Montresor!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It'll be like an IT-based episode of Hoarders. Sure, he'll stay 'clean' for a while, maybe even a few months, but eventually piles of broken poo poo will start reappearing... :ohdear:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Cleanse it with fire. There is no saving it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

This can only end well! :munch:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Your boss is either going to spit fire or meekly not do a drat thing. I really, really hope it's the latter, because holy poo poo he is a terrible person.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

We're rooting for you :black101: also, what the hell is weed eating?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Not every keyboard has a Windows key. There's some kind of fetish lately for downsizing keyboards or something; I keep finding ones with the Windows key and the numpad lopped off.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Why were you googling information from Larches' posts in the first place? :raise:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm gonna take a wild stab it and guess 'no'.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

If your boss had been around for the invention of the car he would have argued against the invention of seat-belts and airbags.
"We've never needed any before, besides we have brakes."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Do we have a 911 horror thread? I kinda want to hear Dick Trauma's stories from that job.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Don't you work for a school system? Who the hell DDoS's schools? :psyduck:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It is entirely possible that I'm mixing up two different posters.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The supervisor was butt-buddies with the previous GM, which basically allowed him to get away with murder. The current GM hates the supevisors' guts, but hasn't fired him on the spot for <reasons> and old habits are hard to break.

At least, I think it was the GM... I know there was *someone* the supervisor used to go running to who is no longer there.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

larchesdanrew posted:

I won't tell you how I fixed the issue, but the user was actually angry that I fixed it quickly.

This loving place.

Let me guess, the whole "Why'd you have to make me look stupid" tantrum? poo poo like that is why I'll never be able to do IT. I can't tolerate people like that.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

larchesdanrew posted:

I don't even have blue eyes

Isn't this the dude who is basically a blind sonuvabitch and trying to cover it up by accusing y'all of keeping the lights low?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

men died for my right to set my password to "password1" :patriot:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

because jerky is loving delicious. I have never had moose or elk jerky but if it's made of meat I will season it, dry it, and eat it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Volmarias posted:

Languages are living, they mean what we agree that they mean, multitudes of exceptions, perfectly cromulent, etc etc etc.

It was interesting to have to explain to my parents what "please do the needful" meant, though.

By that very definition 'do the needful' is a bad phrase to use, then, because the vast majority of us agree that it is dumb and wrong.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The sense of adventure has mostly been replaced by the urge not to starve to death in a frozen hellhole because the people supplying you forgot that month.
If something hasn't been done very often in this day and age, there's probably a reason.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I've had sessions of watching paint dry that were more scintillating than Bran's sections, either of the books or the show.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Internet come and me wan' stay home

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Speaking of Time Warner... They fixed whatever the gently caress was in my area that was making my internet absolute poo poo. Good! Problem is they're trying to charge me thirty bucks for a tech who came to our apartment, shrugged at our router, went "Problem's on our end, not yours", and then hosed off. Thirty bucks for less than ten minutes.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It's not our own router, though, it's one they gave us. So they're charging us for sending someone out to look at their router, when it was their poo poo messing everything up :arghfist::downs:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

That's one of those "I'm not even mad, that was impressive" moments, right there. :stare:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Sheep posted:

dicktrauma, the office manager screaming

Tony, when the servers fell

E: Dick Trauma, his tools magnetized

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Oct 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

So not only is he an rear end in a top hat, he's a racist rear end in a top hat. :psypop:
Take a poo poo on his desk on your way out. Thus always to racist fucksticks.

• Locked thread