Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
God dammit lady, you do not spill liquid on your $1500 laptop, frying it and then while I'm getting you a loaner ask me if IT will get you a $2500 Macbook Air.

Some loving stones you have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

b0red posted:

does she want like a 512Gb SSD in it or something? $2500 is a ridiculous number for a macbook air. A retina pro on the other hand is very doable.

Knowing some of the users I deal with, she would want the retina pro.

But the price is beside the point, just the fact she asked about getting a Mac after she destroyed her Dell computer pissed me off.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Lum posted:

I still say the OP needs a "gently caress printers" blingee gif that uses that exploded laser printer image.

A minor effort made.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

A ticket came in...

Or to be more precise, someone walked up to my desk and thought they had a virus as they were getting email bombed. Turns out a few people were getting email bombed from a single source. The first email in the bomb stated "Happy April Fools! You're inbox is going to get bombed!" I got our Network Operations team involved and with some teamwork, we found out who the culprit was and my co-worker got a message from the culprit when he tried to remote into the offending machine.

Paraphrased, the culprit asked if he should stop his shenanigans and how we caught him. This was over our chat client, so screenshots were taken.

Our head of IT got wind of this and was extremely pissed off and went to talk to the guy directly along with our IT Security Manager. I overheard talk of getting the culprit's manager, his manager's manager and his VP involved.

Said culprit has had his equipment taken away from him and walked out the door.

April Fools indeed.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Renegret posted:

I love this one.

It's the oldest trick in the book, and when people realize someone's done it to them you just can't help but laugh at the absurdity of it.

I like to do it with a picture of Nick Cage.

• Locked thread