Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE
A puppy came in...
Again...
I did the needful, and petted his squishy puppy face. I have also added a sign stating that "cute animals found leashed to my loving datacenter racks become property of the dev team supervisor". I got a new house and I’ve always wanted a dog. I am not sure what I should do to resolve the puppy in the datacenter issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

iM A ROOKiE RiGHT NOW BUT i PROMiSE YOU EVERY SiNGLE FUCKiN BiTCH ASS ARTiST WHO TRiES TO SHADE ME i WiLL VERBALLY DiSMANTLE YOUR ASSHOLE

captkirk posted:

A sacrifice left to appease the angry servers?
I mean nothing beats walking in to the datacenter with my first undrunk coffee in my hand in the morning and seeing this chipper golden retriever puppy staring at me like "oh, good morning human, my owner tied me to this weird blinky thing. Sure is noisy in here isn’t it? Also is this thing what has all the lights on it food? These trees are strange…. do you have bacon?". I want to know what went through the mind of whoever brought their dog in here. Also, i want to fire building security. I think step 1 is relocate said cute animal away from the like millions in taxpayer dollars he might pee on.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

IT puppy is currently sitting in my office for the second time, drinking some water and eating some leftover sandwich. This time whoever keeps leashing their dog in my datacenter is getting a talk from their supervisor. Yay my recent promotion. Or i might just steal the poo poo outta this dog, its adorable as gently caress.

I like the idea of useing it to deliver bad news to end-users.

EDIT: CS related dog names?

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Packet it is. I rather like that name.

TheFuzzyLumpkin posted:

Also, that puppy is yours now, by right of dataroom guardianship.

I do think this is how it should work yes. Also by right of letting him have some of my hogie.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm just disappointed that an attachment to the ticket hasn't come in (namely, pictures of Packet :3:).

Unforutnatley, no camera's in my office :( or else i would. Google golden retriver puppy, he looks like that but currently with some WaWa Lettuce on his nose. I have put a lost dog sign on my door, needful and whatnot

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Sab669 posted:

I don't think I'd be too mad if some adorable golden retriever puppy came up to my cube with a sheet of paper around his neck that read, "YOU'RE FIRED"

"Dear sir or madam, The Dev team would like to thank you for your kind suggestion, unfortunately we would like to sincerely ask that you 'get hosed' and never contact us again. Please accept Packet's squishy face parts, and direct all feedback to the head of the Fuzzy Cuteness department. --Mr. AcidRonin"
In other news, my boss just came by and gave me a really confused look, I then told him “I found it in the datacenter” and he just shrugged and walked away.

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

Ursine Asylum posted:

Better yet, train it to drop it in their inbox.

(You can train it to poo poo in the inbox if it's someone you don't like.)

Oh my sweet baby jesus this. He will be known as the harbinger of the 2nd floor's wrath. People will see my puppy enter the mailroom and tremble with fear.

EDIT: boss came back and said all supervisory promotions come with a free puppy. This is of course sarcasm, any free puppy program would have been sequesterd by now, but i still chuckled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AcidRonin
Apr 2, 2012

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Okay, I've been jonesing for an update all night. Anything new on the puppy front?

I was just catching up on the thread and saw this, Puppy as it turns out was someone's seeing-eye-dog in training. Apparently you get the puppy, and you're supposed to teach it to interact with people and part of that is when it's a little dog, you're supposed to get it used to behaving around poo poo tons of people, so you bring it to work/school whatever so it learns not to freak in crowds I suppose. He visits from time to time and its owner has been advised to please not leash him to the several million in taxpayer dollars in "That Big Air Conditioned Room With All The Blinky Blinky" However, he does stop buy my development department for the occasional piece of bacon from my sandwich. :smugdog:

• Locked thread