Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tasty Wheat
Jul 18, 2012

Blaminator posted:

So much for being the new Senior Systems Administrator job title I've acquired.

Manager: Hey, can you go look at the PM's cell phone?
Me: Funny, I did not know that Cisco start making cell phones.
Manager: Well you know that he only like dealing with American's.
Me: Yeah, I know, ok, fine, well do, he up there now?
Manager: Yeah, he is there waiting on you.
Me: Great (as I walk one flight of stairs, take an elevator for two more and walk one more flight. I always think of the documentary "The Smartest Guys in the Room" as I walk to that office suite)

Me: Afternoon, what can I do for you?
PM: When, when I landed in Dubai, my cell phone was not picking up carrier, so I factory reset my phone and now all my ring tones are gone.
Me: Funny, so you erased all the music you copied into it?
PM: No, all the ring tones the phone came with, there are all erased.
Me: Funny-er, I did not know that you could even erase that from a Nokia phone

(It's the only Nokia smart phone on the project, we paid $900 US for it, so the PM could carry his Corp issued iPhone and his project paid personal phone)

Me: Well let me take a look at it please, if you don't mind. You know, Adrian is way better with Nokia (he's European and the biggest Nokia fanboy).
Me: Oh, I really have no idea what I am doing here, do you have the manual for this thing?
Me: Oh, I think I see it now, you just need to work on this menu, here are all the factory ringtones.
PM: Thank you...

I walked out of the office listening to a virtual symphony. Job titles mean nothing when there's trump yours, LOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tasty Wheat
Jul 18, 2012

Crowley posted:

Waay back in the dark ages of IT one of my friends did Novell installs for a living, and got an order to set up an insane server with a whopping 128 MB RAM. Of course we installed Windows 3.11 on it just to try it out.
It wasn't fast at all.
Then we got the bright idea to make a RAMdrive for the (required) swap space. Then windows got pretty fast.
Then we got another bright idea, and put the entire Windows-folder on the RAMdrive. That made it seriously fast!
Then Windows crashed, took the machine down with it, and we had to reboot. Then we shrugged and went back to making Doom II mods.

Ah yes, when RAM was $32 a MB, ah crap Doom II, well Doom was fun to mess with.

• Locked thread