Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Not IT but in the light of sales. When I worked at best buy for a time, the only people who say extra money from extra sales pushed out were the managers. So instead of being an rear end in a top hat and selling people poo poo they didn't need I'd give them the best bang for their budget which in turn would have me ranked as the best salesman in my department. People would walk in with $100 looking for speakers for their TV and not realize the $89 logitech speakers for computers sound insanely better than the $150 sound bar we had. God I hated best buy. I think the only HDMI cable I sold was the $300 25ft MONSTER hdmi cable, and I tried to talk the guy out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Belial42 posted:

My company may send someone from IT down to Florida, from Ohio, just to start a Webex for our yearly Firm-wide meeting.

Sounds like this could be pretty sweet if it's a fun part of florida.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Kuros posted:

God dammit lady, you do not spill liquid on your $1500 laptop, frying it and then while I'm getting you a loaner ask me if IT will get you a $2500 Macbook Air.

Some loving stones you have.

does she want like a 512Gb SSD in it or something? $2500 is a ridiculous number for a macbook air. A retina pro on the other hand is very doable.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

blackswordca posted:

Website Update:

So a few weeks ago the website went dark and today I get a phone call from the admin assistant of the CEO.

:j: Hey Blackswordca, just noticed the websites down, whats up?

:colbert: Hey. Like I said in my email to you guys a month ago, I needed to get paid in full before I would do any more work or renew the domain. You guys ignored me as you normally do when I ask about money so the site expired.

:j: Well I just spoke to the CEO, he said if you bring everything online, he may consider paying you.

:colbert: I think were at the point now where if he pays me what he owes me, I may consider bringing the site back up.

:j: ... I don't think hes going to like that

:colbert: At the end of the day, that isn't my problem. That's the way things are right now. Ill be waiting for a cheque.

I have to admit, that felt good.

I'm surprised you didn't start laughing in their face when the ceo may pay you statement was made.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

I once migrated a 19Gb PST file. iirc I had to split it down into multiple PST files because you can't import a PST file bigger than 2Gb or something. It was like six years of every email he had ever received.

• Locked thread