Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom
Shame a new topic. Wasn't even halfway done reading the horrors within the last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

A brand new user decided she didn't want to walk all the way to the printer that is roughly 10 steps from her desk, so she went into the office of one of the partners who is away on vacation, took their printer and cables, and plugged it in at her desk.

Then she emailed me after hours telling me that her printer was broken and that she wasn't able to work and that I needed to fix it ASAP, cc'ing her manager and my boss.

Monday is going to be amazing.

I know this is from a few pages back. It is Monday and what happened. Was she fired?

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

:yotj: My first real IT job. Medical field. Yay

My new boss asked me if there was a way, to see what time a file is accessed on a drive. What auditing software will show this?

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

Thank you both of you

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

Woops disabled a bunch accounts on someone's word. Will find out the fallout tomorrow.

Glad I have a trail.

• Locked thread