Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug
Submitted for OP:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

rscott posted:

The whole idea of "customer service" for internal IT seems kind of weird to me to begin with. They're your co-workers not someone who is trying to buy poo poo from you.

Internal IT isn't a revenue-generating department. Lots of IT managers make their employees bend over backwards just to compensate this fact.

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

b0red posted:

I once migrated a 19Gb PST file. iirc I had to split it down into multiple PST files because you can't import a PST file bigger than 2Gb or something. It was like six years of every email he had ever received.

Pfft, Ask Me About migrating us from a binder full of CDs, full of PST files originally exported from an Exchange archive mailbox, to GFI MailArchiver. Pulling them all off the CDs (literally hundreds of them, going back 10+ years and over 150GB in total), copying them up to the server and importing them back into an archive mailbox with PowerShell so that MailArchiver could import them via EWS.

:suicide:

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug

ookiimarukochan posted:

They still are, it's just that they're called "Agilent" now

You take that back right loving now. Agilent is horrible

Mierdaan
Sep 14, 2004

Pillbug
With all the Kronos talk, does anyone run a purely web based, AD-integrated time clock product that doesn't totally suck? We need to replace our crappy thick client app from the 1990s.

• Locked thread