Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
RIP old thread. I really liked how I created it as a student and then got to use it for the stupidity in my brief tenure as a CJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Soooooooo MY GIRLFRIEND snagged a Dell U2711 she found in her dad's storage unit. I came home and saw it running at 2048x1152.

This. Could. Not. Stand. Not in my house.

Unlocked the OSD, changed it to DisplayPort, gave her a DP cable and stared in awe at the 1440p greatness. It's pretty hilarious seeing how the laptop screen is 1366x768 attached to a 2560x1440 monitor.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I was only half joking to my friend when I said Blizzard is dogshit. Turns out I was right!

- I forgot my bnet password, so I reset it and gave it the secret answer. Cool problem solved.

- Logged in with the new password, account gets locked due to new login or some poo poo. To unlock your account, reset your password!

- Try to reset my password again, account gets hard locked and I need to contact CS to unlock it. I find the CS page and...

- "Log into your Battle.net account to submit a ticket to customer support!"

Brilliant. You guys really knocked it out of the park.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
They blacked out the phone option on the issue page until it was bank hours PST to call up the 800 number. I normally hate phone trees, but it was only 2 button presses and no "say the option!" bullshit.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Amazon related: gently caress you Amazon (and Prime, and UPS, and USPS).

Order some poo poo via Prime because, hey, it is cheaper on Monoprice but I kind of need this within the next few days just to have UPS hand that poo poo over to USPS and to turn 2-day shipping into 20-day shipping. I've never had an issue with Amazon ever outside of like the past 6 months where poo poo just gets lost, or is way behind on schedule, or poo poo is getting damaged.

I can't wait to go into Best Buy and buy a $5 dollar cable for $45 bucks.

e:
code:
February 22, 2014, 2:10 pm, Raleigh NC US 	Package arrived at a carrier facility
February 20, 2014, 9:46 am, Raleigh NC US 	Tendered to local postal carrier for final delivery
February 20, 2014, 4:51 am, Raleigh NC US 	Package arrived at a carrier facility
February 19, 2014, 10:23 pm, Chester VA US 	Package received by carrier
February 19, 2014, 10:41 pm, US 	Package has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier
Does 2-day shipping refer to the UPS->USPS hand-off? :v:

Phone fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Feb 23, 2014

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Yeah, I got a $15 certificate and said something snarky/awful like "oh man, this is going to be worth so much when I buy a $45 dollar cable at loving BEST BUY".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
So as an epilogue to my Displayport to HDMI cable woes, I bought one from Best Buy and returned it with no issue.

Also, I ordered some poo poo from Amazon today and they changed their emails from "your guaranteed delivery date is $day" to "your estimated delivery date is $day".

Fuckin' :lol:

• Locked thread