Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
A job offer came in:
I'll be taking a small pay cut but I'll be losing a lot of responsibility and ineffectiveness that's turning my hair gray and making me old. I'd be leaving a larger private practice doctor office that is directionless technology wise thanks to a recent poorly planned and sourced partnership with a local hospital. The new place is about half the size, has better systems in place and are already on the other side of some projects that I dread implementing where I'm at currently. Plus they seem like cool people who give a poo poo about systems and infrastructure.
I think I'm about to :yotj: it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I just put in my two week notice. That was one of the more nerve racking things I've done in recent memory. I've been here a long time. T-minus 1 hour 20 minutes until liquor. :yotj:

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
An unfortunate typo came in...

Dear UFOTofuTacoCat,
I am following up my voice mail with this email. I wanted to introduce my company. We are a company that helps customers with disaster recovery, security, and infrastructure needs. We do this by providing enterprise hosing, colocation, and cloud services. I’d like to schedule an appointment to discuss your BC/DR strategy and how Immedion may help. Is this something you would be interested in?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I still don't quite understand how a puppy ends up tied up and abandoned in a data center. Did I miss something?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

FISHMANPET posted:

Someone here ends every sentence like this.. Is that a period or an elipsis.. Because the sentences could mean something completely different depending on the punctuation..
Like, "Maybe it's a problem with the router.." OK, is it a problem with the router, or is there some subtext I'm missing here?

Motherfucking ellipsis users! Just use a drat period. I used to have a boss who would use ellipsis to end most of his sentences in email. Everything was so ambiguous...

:what: I need to get you to sign off on this thing we need
:clint: Yes, go ahead and make that purchase...
:what: Is that like a dare or a threat or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

SEKCobra posted:

I dont really want to make my boss mad at me.

Your boss should be looking out for you if he or she is worth a drat.

• Locked thread