Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Science
Jun 28, 2006
. . .
I just met a 23 year old with a PMP. I don't think I would ever trust a PM under the age of 40. Does that make me old-fashioned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Science
Jun 28, 2006
. . .

pixaal posted:

I got one of these tickets on Friday at noon. I drive 15 minutes to the building with a ticket "My CPU is broken". I get there and there is 1 person in the office I'm looking for Greg, the person is a woman on the phone. I wait a bit and it sounds like she is on a personal phone call to her mother or something. She eventually notices me and tells the person on the phone to wait a minute and asks what I want. I tell her I'm looking for Greg I'm with IT, she said he went home because he computer has been broken all week (the ticket was submitted today). I think okay and turn his computer on, well it's already on lets see what he left me.

The computer is in safe mode. Really? You can't figure out how to fix this? Well this better be the problem, I reboot the computer and it works fine. Ticket closed, I hope. Watch him have wanted it in safe mode and it was something else.

Ah, the good old "my computer did something different so it's broken, I better not report it so I have an excuse to not do poo poo all week".

Science
Jun 28, 2006
. . .

Inspector_71 posted:

Or just type "net statistics server" in the command prompt.

Tier 2 Support pro-tip: you just need to type "net stats srv". :smug:

Science
Jun 28, 2006
. . .

Sab669 posted:

I wouldn't place it on the urinal, but I bring my mug to the bathroom. I feel like I'm wasting time if I go cube --> break room --> cube --> bathroom. We also just have 2 individual bathrooms with only one toilet though, so it's generally a lot cleaner.

Do you know how smell works? Long-story short if you can smell poo poo that means there are tiny poo poo particles in the air landing in your coffee and then entering your mouth. Does your coffee taste extra nutty after you take it to the men's room?

Science
Jun 28, 2006
. . .

fluppet posted:

And now we're into day two of lync not working, office 365 really is a loving joke.

I feel for you, mostly because you probably have to hear the "Guess they should have named it Office 363 hurr :mmmsmug:" comments.

Science
Jun 28, 2006
. . .

Comradephate posted:

We use SameTime, and I am 100% sure that we use it because somebody paid a lot of money for it before realizing it was garbage, and now they want to justify the purchase.

:smith:

My old workplace used Sametime (and everything Lotus :gonk:). It's awful in every conceivable way, but as far as I could tell it has no limit on how big a smiley can be. This lead to awesome competitions in our group chat to see who could link the largest animated gif before Sametime shat itself.

Given the size of my team and that we weren't the only ones with huge gif collections, I estimate that Sametime cost the organization millions of dollars in man hours.

Science fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Science
Jun 28, 2006
. . .

Helushune posted:

It seems like no one knows what the start menu is or hasn't the slightest idea of how to use it.

It's just going to get worst as the kids that grew up with tablets/smart phones as their "computer" enter the work force. In a way Windows 8 is really ahead of the curve in it's iOS-ification.

Science fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Aug 25, 2013

• Locked thread