Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

kenny powerzzz posted:

Every snap I've gotten has been fun. A lot of cats and very few(none) weiners.
I added a ton of people (as JabsTheGoon) yesterday. I agree. This is the best thing to happen to my Snapchat since I installed it. Actual conversations happening, even! (I know, weird, right?)

El Chupanebrae is apparently my neighbor, in relative terms. I mean, compared to Maryland or Norway!

Kenny Rogers has a new favorite as of 21:40 on Jan 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Dead Blue Sky posted:

I have a couple buddies that aren't goons, but you should add them anyway. reignczech and imaudi5. Fair warning, imaudi5 has sent one snapchat of himself pooping.
On a similar note: you all should add users bhsbaby, sekh, and thisissaei to your lists.
They are all three goons (well, sekh is 'goon-adjacent' - close enough) and are regular Snapchat users, but none of them are in this thread. They need more pictures of cattes and doge and stuffs.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
Also, some (but not all) people are stringing together their snaps into Stories by using the "My Story" box at the top of your Contacts list.
GOOD If you select "My Story" in "Send To" and select "My Friends" in "Options/Share Stories To..." that means that you don't have to go down the entire GoonList checking off every single box every time, which gets old, fast.
GOOD/BAD (depending) - It links all the snaps that you've shared to "My Story" chronologically in the order they were received at Snapchat, and they're visible for 24 hours. So you maybe don't want to put your dicpics or poopix or 1 second boobshots into your Story. Or, maybe you do, so your friends can "enjoy"(?) your dicpics or poopix or 1 second boobshots an unlimited number of times in the following 24 hours, which seems like the best kind of giving.

Except you, Dead Blue Sky/Snizzpod (and friends).
Everything you do should be in Your Story.

Kenny Rogers has a new favorite as of 08:42 on Jan 24, 2014

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
Tonight I learned that if you take a video, but pick the speaker icon so as to mute the sound while you type poo poo into the app, it doesn't just mute the video while you type - it removes the sound from the video entirely...

Sad faces were had.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

The most disturbing thing I've seen so far is a goon excited about McDonalds, don't worry. everything ReignCzech and Snizzpod post.
Don't ever change...

Myself, I love all the selfies - the whole range from Lemonsaurus' daily adorables to tonyhawkwind's manly man beardly action. I should probably get the hell over myself and take them more often (I don't because I think I rightfully think I'm boring as heeeellll.). I work behind security at a huge airport. There's plenty of stuff to see/show. I should do that.

Kenny Rogers has a new favorite as of 08:25 on Feb 12, 2014

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
Elchupanebrae sent an xray of someone wearing a necklace that I wish I could have kept because it looked like a great addition to my "awesome xrays" wallpaper folder on my phone. 90% of them are busted bones with screws in them from motorcycle accidents from Cycle Asylum over the years.
Until just now I was under the impression that you couldn't screenshot at all. Man, am I way behind the curve on that one. Nice to know there's a notification to the sender if it does happen.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

kenny powerzzz posted:

You fuckers should have your own tv show. At least a YouTube channel.
This - for Snizzpod for sure. 10 seconds isn't quite enough time for most of what he seems to be doing. If he had another 5-10 seconds, it'd be perfect.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
So many people that were at the beginning of this thread have stopped posting stuff, ( :sadface: ) yet you're all still added, since I can't really sort out who hasn't posted in a week or two.
As a result, I've mostly just started posting stuff to My Story, unless I'm responding to a specific snapchat I got from someone. Because that's a drat lot of boxes to check every time.
I'm JabsTheGoon, and I've set My Stories to be visible to Everyone.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Oldstench posted:

So, stuff posted to your story never gets deleted?
it's visible for a rolling 24 hours, based on your security settings (friends only/everyone)

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

lemonsaresour posted:

Man, that really sucks. I'll be snapping extra hard so you can pretend you're here. If you can make it next year, though, then you have to do it. Maybe we'll set up a goon meet.

I know Carnyji wants to come down next year.
cool kids inc./BHSBaby and myself (JabsTheGoon) will put it on our calendar, for sure. We were just talking today about doing Mardi Gras in Nawlins one year, and Rio the next.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
LemonsAreSour - here's some things people have built in the Alpha of EverQuest Next: Landmark

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bg5_DpZCEAEWb_s.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bg9zSxkCEAAn0rO.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhE2m9ICYAAieRY.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhKnqKJCIAAycAH.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhJzTHRCIAAiXzG.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhInQB0CMAAjKV2.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhJVL-6CAAEDqfK.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhJUBVGCIAAQFie.png
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhJEoS6CQAE7far.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhHpbpBCAAELjAV.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhHMCo-CYAAAzQx.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhG8UytCEAApzpB.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhCd2PsCUAAYG42.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhBkoF6CMAAcMHA.jpg

Sony has taken the Minecraft concept, and given the world real building tools. =)
The smallest 'block' is about 8.5" in size, and there's a smoothing tool you can use on it to make it smaller/smoother.

It's in Closed Alpha right now, Closed Beta by April, and Free to Play probably sometime this summer.

Kenny Rogers has a new favorite as of 00:47 on Feb 24, 2014

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
HA!

Me and Cookieoh are gonna have a ChatCrack Goon Meet way before Mardi Gras 2015.

I thought ElChupaNebrae was "close" (in relative terms) being in Colorado Springs.

Cookieoh and I both work at Denver International Airport.

Small. loving. World.

Hit me up on Tuesday. I'll buy lunch at the Chophouse if you've got that kinda time.
I'm Jon, and I'm at 2275.

Kenny Rogers has a new favorite as of 07:06 on Feb 24, 2014

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

kenny powerzzz posted:

I was with a buddy who was test driving a car today and when he floored it the throttle cable hung up and we were stuck pedal to the metal in a 35mph zone. He reacted surprisingly well by calling out the situation to me ( I already knew what was up) then pumping the gas while dodging traffic for a few seconds then just turning the key off and coasting to the side of the road. Immediately I thought that would have been a great snap.
Did he buy the car, or not!?!

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

kenny powerzzz posted:

Actually he did. It was in great shape and we were not able to make it happen again. I think it was just sticky from being parked on a car lot. We opened the good and I barely touched the throttle cable and it clicked back.
You should re-enact the scene, then. :v:

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Maw posted:

This. Waking up to a lego car story was pretty excellent.
Nearly empty quotin' dis for great posterity.

More Lego please!

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Vintimus Prime posted:

Denver goons? Awesome. I had planned on moving there next year, but if my job goes through layoffs, might be there sooner. :(
Y'all should get in on the Denver Thread. It desperately needs fewer shitposters. =)

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

lemonsaresour posted:

Ended up not snapping much. I ended up giving my poo poo to someone else to hold so snapchatting was inconvenient.
You are a bad snapchatter and should have bad feelings over this. For, like...a minute or two.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Vintimus Prime posted:

So what is the fix if you got a couple of snaps that won't open? I've deleted, reinstalled the app, etc.
I've cleared my list a couple times for that very reason.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

kenny powerzzz posted:

And I don't know if everyone thought it was funny when I slammed that sandwich but a few of my Irl friends texted me. We laughed about that for a minute. But we are all 8 year old essentially.
Loved that - especially the part where you took ONE bite, then tossed it.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

kenny powerzzz posted:

Shhhh. It was just bread I tossed. I'm too large to pitch a good sandwich.

I'VE BEEN SCAMMED! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
Once you get a TON of people in your list, it becomes a PITA to check ALL THE loving BOXES - so they start posting to their stories, instead.

Also, I got some feedback from my buddy thisissaei the other day.

Yes, you post too many cats (and dogs).

Take a page from the Snapchat Superstar playbooks of Snizzpod, reignczeck , carnyji, and deathslushie - post video of yourself talking or doing something. Anything. Talk about your eyeliner, or pissing on a snowboard. Doesn't matter.

Yes, it's *hard*. Yes, it's *scary* (at first). But I promise you - you, your life, and your story as told with your face, and your voice are WAY more interesting than your pets will ever be. Everbody has pets. Only you are you.

:getin:

Kenny Rogers has a new favorite as of 17:58 on Mar 29, 2014

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Deathslushie posted:

I don't like my face or my voice, but this isn't for my viewing. The world obviously needs to know when I'm having bad eyeliner days. :P
I adore your face, and your voice, and your totally deadpan delivery, no matter the subject.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Dead Blue Sky posted:

It's "reignczech". He wanted me to correct you. I told him to just get a loving SA account but he don't listen to me.
Y'know, I even looked at it to make sure I spelled the goddamn thing right, and I STILL got it wrong. Which is sad, because it's my favorite SnapName (for being clever as hell).

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
JabsTheGoon

I work in the vicinity of CookieOh, but take pictures of different stuff - mostly I post to My Story, since I have a LOT of you hooped up and clicking all the boxes every time is tedium defined. I respond to videos with scribbled text frequently.

Talk to me - videos or responses or whatever. I dig that.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Storm posted:

I've never received a dongs pic.

argrembo

Also a lot of people I've added from here have stopped snapping so let's go yall
Yeah, I've gotten in the habit of sending a snap to EVERYONE on my list at least once a week.
People who are "Pending" get removed immediately - they're set to "receive from friends only" or removed their account or something.
People who are still at "Delivered" after 24-48 hours are removed. If you can't be bothered, neither can I. It's still visible from My Story.

That's allowed me to keep my list reasonably short (50-60 people), and full of active snappers.

Also, the closest I've gotten to a naked person are the xrays that elchupanebrae occasionally sends me, which are amazing, and I want them as wallpapers.

Kenny Rogers has a new favorite as of 05:57 on Apr 24, 2014

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
Took a break from the forums for a month or so while we deployed a fuckoff huge software project at work.

I've added everyone from the unread posts from the last 3-4 pages.

Mostly I post to My Story as JabsTheGoon.
Also, you should add fellow goons ThisIsSaei and bhsbaby - they don't consult this thread often, but are reasonably frequent Snappers.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
Full Size, as promised.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-wyORuFdep-Q/U5zZuhjbvAI/AAAAAAABVLk/Apj3PpjGCqY/w1358-h764-no/20140614_172339.jpg

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
Glad you're in a better place, lemons. The offer stands until out lease is up, but drat, we're far away. =)

In other news, today is bhsbaby's birthday. You all should send her the worst snaps. Dicpics, poopchat, airhorns, eyeball closeups, nipple macro shots (or boobs, she digs those, too), terrible singing, terrible insults, profess your undying love for a stranger from the Internet, etc.

I secretly set her snapchat to accept snaps from anyone just now...

Mua hahaha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
I'm still JabsTheGoon.
I still post mostly to my story - and infrequently at that.
However, that should be changing, since the girl and I are moving out of our apartment and into an RV fulltime.
In December.
In Denver.

Should be entertaining...

• Locked thread