Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Thanks! another question, I'm getting tons of uncommon quality items. What's the best to do with them? Seems kinda worthless to ID them since scrolls cost quite a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Sell them

We are at 9 on at the moment. You can get 20 balloons at the event, 6 barrells and 2 decanters and then use them in the mask.

Lets get operation pinata storm going

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Skilleddk posted:

Thanks! another question, I'm getting tons of uncommon quality items. What's the best to do with them? Seems kinda worthless to ID them since scrolls cost quite a bit

after a while I stopped even looting them. you can vendor for gold, which is basically worthless.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Out initial skirmish went well, 5 pinatas going at the same time and a lot of waterballoons are fun and mindflayer sex slaves don't like them. Operation pinata storm must continue

Falented
Sep 2, 2012

Here's a present for everyone that missed out on Goofs' brainchild, Operation Pinata Storm:
(WARNING: crappy resolution ahoy)

It's a really bad shot, but long story short, we basically filled the Moonstone Mask with pinatas and doused all the ERPers with water balloons. Good times.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
Could somebody link the script?

EDIT: Okay, found the link; are there instructions somewhere? Like "hey, retard, his is what you need to change to make this work." Assume I work in IT, and am therefore a complete loving moron when it comes to programming.

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Aug 23, 2014

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
Throw 'Terrible Man@djflippers' an invite for cool banter!

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Thanatosian posted:

Could somebody link the script?

EDIT: Okay, found the link; are there instructions somewhere? Like "hey, retard, his is what you need to change to make this work." Assume I work in IT, and am therefore a complete loving moron when it comes to programming.

The important thing here is that the script was not updated in a while and won't work with the latest version of Greasemonkey, you need to use an older version.

Otherwise - get Greasemonkey - install script - restart Firefox and you should get the little tool icon when you go to the Neverwinter Gateway, set up your tasks and characters and restart again. Then it should work.

Subjunctive is our hero and savior, cause without the script the game is way too expensive and grindy.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Aug 23, 2014

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Okay, relogging made the whole "character name/craft" grid show up, which makes everything make much more sense. Awesome. Time to set up Aqua Regia crafting. Thankfully, I already had a poo poo-ton of Alchemy assets.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Posting for an invite. Dendra Dwar@StanleyPaiin

Yes 2 I's.

Got Moloko
Aug 23, 2011

Milk+
Invite Eris@Arden_Drake please and thanks

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Hammerstein posted:

Subjunctive is our hero and savior, cause without the script the game is way too expensive and grindy.

This is indeed the truth and salvation of Neverwinter.

Gutted I missed out on the Pinata party, finally going to delve in to the Summer festival this weekend- had a play around during a water fight and saw a few other people from SL, really happy that for now at least the new Mod has pulled people back in!

Now I just need to update my HR (which, oddly enough, had feats reset but not powers) and roll a Warlock.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ugh, what broke in the latest Greasemonkey? I will need a week or so to work up enough caring to address it.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Can someone link the script and maybe which version of GM you need to use? I want to get in on this.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
are the GF changes in effect already?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Yeah, they really buff up a party even though they don't do damage much themselves. Somehow they became immense in pvp too. Or at least we came across some unkillable wrecking balls

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Syrinxx posted:

Can someone link the script and maybe which version of GM you need to use? I want to get in on this.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=SnxrRdtH

And the latest version of Tampermonkey on Chrome.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
Can I change the name, race and gender on one of my characters?

EDIT: Apparently I can, with this thing. 1500 zen, though... ehhh....

Zam Wesell fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 24, 2014

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
My launcher can't connect halp

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

Semisponge posted:

My launcher can't connect halp

Same. RIP.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
It connected and is now downloading the entire game :psyduck:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Thanatosian posted:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=SnxrRdtH

And the latest version of Tampermonkey on Chrome.
Is there an idiot's guide to this script? It seems to mostly just refresh my character select page or if I select a character for it, it will try to refine my rough diamonds. I haven't been able to get it to actually start a profession task.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Click the icon in the top right. Hover over the menu items; they have help text.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Granbar posted:

Can I change the name, race and gender on one of my characters?

EDIT: Apparently I can, with this thing. 1500 zen, though... ehhh....

For some of us who choose poorly that's a big thing. When my zen comes through its no more scrub wood elf, going to be the cadillac of elves. Sun elf +2 cha +2 int +2%ap gain 10% control resist. Such an upgrade

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Semisponge posted:

It connected and is now downloading the entire game :psyduck:
Yeah mine too. I wonder if something super broke.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
Right I've powered through to 60 and now can probably stand interacting with other people in an MMO. Can I get a guild invite please, incyer@incyer

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd

Goofballs posted:

Yeah, they really buff up a party even though they don't do damage much themselves. Somehow they became immense in pvp too. Or at least we came across some unkillable wrecking balls
guess I'll hop on sometime soon then.

Strict Picnic
Feb 10, 2013

by Ralp
I just read in a Cracked article about people living as npc's in Skyrim. Has anyone tryed to do that in a mmo? If so, is there anywhere to read about their experiences?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Got some advice from a Trickster Rogue I know about how to do respectable damage in dungeons. He kept up with gweefs and cws in module 3 so that's saying something. He's also 17k of gs so that's another thing.

He says for the trash clearing you want lashing, dazing strike and blitz because they can hit multiple targets. At the boss blitz gets dropped for wicked reminder. For trash clearing the best daily is whirlwind of blades and for the boss its still lurkers.

Stats wise you want to focus on armour pen first. He doesn't slot impossible to catch because he has a high deflect so i guess that was important to him too. If you dont have high deflect you put in impossible to catch for dazing. Once you get 24% armour pen you go crit and power. You want to have 50% chance to crit.

This is supposedly a decent enough set of feats http://nwcalc.com/tr?b=cn4:13ydj4:13ydj4,1fc3cki:100000:15u000:1z00z1&h=0&p=min

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Goofballs posted:

Got some advice from a Trickster Rogue I know about how to do respectable damage in dungeons. He kept up with gweefs and cws in module 3 so that's saying something. He's also 17k of gs so that's another thing.

He says for the trash clearing you want lashing, dazing strike and blitz because they can hit multiple targets. At the boss blitz gets dropped for wicked reminder. For trash clearing the best daily is whirlwind of blades and for the boss its still lurkers.

Stats wise you want to focus on armour pen first. He doesn't slot impossible to catch because he has a high deflect so i guess that was important to him too. If you dont have high deflect you put in impossible to catch for dazing. Once you get 24% armour pen you go crit and power. You want to have 50% chance to crit.

This is supposedly a decent enough set of feats http://nwcalc.com/tr?b=cn4:13ydj4:13ydj4,1fc3cki:100000:15u000:1z00z1&h=0&p=min

The basic setup is very close to what I use on Nyx, only that I like Deft Strike, for it's excellent utility vs bosses with cone type aoes. I'm nowhere near 17k GS though.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I dunno how trs work really. I know frombe through a guy and I've run vt with him a bunch. He always wrecks poo poo. Guy has deeps that can't be denied.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Goofballs posted:

I dunno how trs work really. I know frombe through a guy and I've run vt with him a bunch. He always wrecks poo poo. Guy has deeps that can't be denied.

I used to run a more aoe oriented build many months ago, using Path of the Blade and Blitz, but compared to the single target skills these aoe skills are only so-so. Lashing Blade and Dazing Strike are first and foremost single target dps skills, but they do have a small aoe cone, so I think that Frombe has very good timing when it comes to using these skills and knows how to make the most of them.

I haven't played Nyx much since the Ranger module came out and whenever I played my TR I couldn't help but notice how the power creep and new classes have pushed the TR from the dps throne. An experienced TR with really good gear will still be ok, but the required effort stands in no relation to the other classes anymore.

But it's not all doom and gloom. The TR still feels "right" and exactly plays like a dagger rogue should, the activation times of all skills are super crisp and the class has great flow. The only issue is really that the damage is just no longer there and that should not be too hard to fix.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I think people overestimate what they would be doing on wizard

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Strict Picnic posted:

I just read in a Cracked article about people living as npc's in Skyrim. Has anyone tryed to do that in a mmo? If so, is there anywhere to read about their experiences?

Sometimes I walk instead of running everywhere in games. It's totally RP.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Just started playing a few days ago and I'm having an issue. I set all the graphics options to max except for "max physics debris objects" because it tanks my FPS. But every time I open the game it resets that setting to 300, then I have to fight with the menu and try to reset it. Anyone got a fix?

Strict Picnic
Feb 10, 2013

by Ralp

TracerM17 posted:

Sometimes I walk instead of running everywhere in games. It's totally RP.

Right? Sounds like the most boring possible thing ever in a single player, but I think it would be insanely fun and awesome to raid a fantasy mmo about killing everything you see and farmville it up. Like hoards of players all named "commoner" setting up a village in the middle of some orc battle ground or something. Maybe Neverwinter isn't the game to do it in, but I would still like to see it.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Strict Picnic posted:

Right? Sounds like the most boring possible thing ever in a single player, but I think it would be insanely fun and awesome to raid a fantasy mmo about killing everything you see and farmville it up. Like hoards of players all named "commoner" setting up a village in the middle of some orc battle ground or something. Maybe Neverwinter isn't the game to do it in, but I would still like to see it.

I played Eve for quite awhile and there was a group of RP'ers who owned space. They only engaged other players if they had a reason to do so. Otherwise they carried about their day being immortal space ship pilots. This is about the closest example I've come across.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just starting playing this game. Having a blast.

How do Greater Fighters fair in the later half of the game. Currently I'm just jumping around and spinning on poo poo to win and that works out quite well.

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

m.hache posted:

Just starting playing this game. Having a blast.

How do Greater Fighters fair in the later half of the game. Currently I'm just jumping around and spinning on poo poo to win and that works out quite well.

They're still good. Tonnes of them in PvP as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Valar Morghulis posted:

They're still good. Tonnes of them in PvP as well.

Awesome. Anything I should know when first starting out so I don't cripple myself late game? Or is the game forgiving enough that I can just get to 60 and start from there?

Also, if Deckar@thealac could get a guild invite that'd be Rad. I promise not to flood chat with stupid questions.

• Locked thread